• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
oh trust me im taking everything you can imagine, garlic pills, cold fx, vitamin c, did the vicks in hot water stick your head over the bowl thing, sinutab stuff ....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
can they also go drink lots of alcohol for me and smoke lots of smokes and party all night for me.

i got your back, girl! so sorry to hear you're sick for NYE...it's a shitty night anyway, one of my most hated. but i got my party clothes on (actually i'm dressed like a big green bird) and i'm making my way to a themed warehouse party right now. i might also have some space powder down my bra.

happy new year, from the other side of the world, tribe!!

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Happy New Year Nikki!
yeh I generally hate new years too. It always ends up being a horrible night. I usually do nothing and stay home.... and then just go to the zone the next day lol. but since I never do anything these days Im hoping that will balance out the usual horror of new years.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am pretty sure I broke twitter. I just hit the tweet button and the entire thing shut down. Oh well.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
st lawrence market was much slower than usual this morning. however, there was no pulled pork to be had, anywhere. so F UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

02342461-a9ca-411c-a903-7c549d5e6b6a.jpg

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. Although it could be another Arab spring or everybody wishing everybody else happy new year.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
st lawrence market was much slower than usual this morning. however, there was no pulled pork to be had, anywhere. so F UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

02342461-a9ca-411c-a903-7c549d5e6b6a.jpg

Make your own! Its easy enough and tastier. It also freezes well so if you have a pulled pork emergency, you are covered.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
recipe, plz

Here is a basic oven recipe. Adjust the seasonings by making up your own or google texmex or pulled pork rub seasonings for an alternative rub. I inject my pork butt with ginger beer beforehand as it gives it a bit of a sweet zap.

Ingredients:

1 large pork butt or shoulder, about 7 to 9 pounds
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
Preparation:

Lay a large sheet of heavy duty foil in a roasting pan. Place pork roast on foil. Rub pork all over with garlic and seasonings. Arrange onion slices over top. Wrap foil around the pork roast. Bake at 350° for about 4 to 5 hours, to about 185° F. The meat should be falling apart. Let the roast cool a bit, then begin to shred with forks or chop, discarding as much of the excess fat as possible.
Sauté chopped onions in a little oil until tender.

Put shredded pork in slow cooker or a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Blend in vinegar and barbecue sauce, along with the cooked chopped onion. Heat thoroughly on LOW setting or over low heat; serve hot with split buns, coleslaw, and beans, if desired. Also great with potato salad for a bigger meal.

deveator

TRIBE Member
Devie are you into the booze already?

I guess I better go to liquor store soon, before they run out of booze.

I wish. I had to come into work today to push a few deals that could not wait. Since I'm here I might as well stay for the NYE pizza lunch that the bank is providing.:rolleyes:

Are you feeling better?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
recipe, plz

Pulled Pork - Oven Method

Here is a basic oven recipe. Adjust the seasonings by making up your own or google texmex or pulled pork rub seasonings for an alternative rub. I inject my pork butt with ginger beer beforehand as it gives it a bit of a sweet zap.

Ingredients:

1 large pork butt or shoulder, about 7 to 9 pounds
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
Preparation:

Lay a large sheet of heavy duty foil in a roasting pan. Place pork roast on foil. Rub pork all over with garlic and seasonings. Arrange onion slices over top. Wrap foil around the pork roast. Bake at 350° for about 4 to 5 hours, to about 185° F. The meat should be falling apart. Let the roast cool a bit, then begin to shred with forks or chop, discarding as much of the excess fat as possible.
Sauté chopped onions in a little oil until tender.

Put shredded pork in slow cooker or a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Blend in vinegar and barbecue sauce, along with the cooked chopped onion. Heat thoroughly on LOW setting or over low heat; serve hot with split buns, coleslaw, and beans, if desired. Also great with potato salad for a bigger meal.