• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Yup, TPC is playing Feb. 2, The Weakerthans on Jan. 26.

As someone in the know, I also HIGHLY recommend you come early for either show and check out Cie Carabosse, a fire sculpture troupe from France. It's going to be magical and spectacular - the likes of which Toronto has never seen. ;)

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Gfunkdiva said:
Yup, TPC is playing Feb. 2, The Weakerthans on Jan. 26.

As someone in the know, I also HIGHLY recommend you come early for either show and check out Cie Carabosse, a fire sculpture troupe from France. It's going to be magical and spectacular - the likes of which Toronto has never seen. ;)
i read about that in the paper and it sounds beautiful. if it's the one i'm thinking of with the clay pots?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I am really really annoyed by the bullshit one of my classmates is spewing. I completely disagree with her but am going to let her win because pushing the issue with our student association and winning would reward me with the opportunity to spend 3 days with her in Halifax doing credit risk cases, and I'd rather let it go than do that.

But still. Annoyed.

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Yes - 1500 clay pots throughout the square, burning in unison. You can check out photos etc on the toronto website (and hopefully, if I do my job, in the media this week)

Starts at 6pm, goes til 8:45, when the bands start.

IMHO, the PERFECT itinerary for Saturday is come around 5pm to catch Alice in Wonderland on stilts (also crazy and spectacular), watch a bit of the Carabosse pot lighting at 6pm, go for dinner & warmup, come back around 8:15pm to get the full fire effect and stick around for the concert.

It runs both weekends, and is free, so there's really no reason to miss it! :)

/shameless plug

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
Gfunkdiva said:
IMHO, the PERFECT itinerary for Saturday is come around 5pm to catch Alice in Wonderland on stilts (also crazy and spectacular), watch a bit of the Carabosse pot lighting at 6pm, go for dinner & warmup, come back around 8:15pm to get the full fire effect and stick around for the concert.
I think i'm totally going to do this! :) Thank you!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
not only did i think that "here" meant your apartment or hotel room and not your place of work, i also thought that YOU were the one naked and swimming. and i was thinking "how the hell do you bring someone tea while swimming? who has a kettle at a swim-up bar?"

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Getting groped while watching a movie last night (at a friend's place), was a new one for me. Thank God my friends ran interference or I would have slapped the stupid bugger silly. Sitting next to me and playing with my bra strap is not ok.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Yay i am making my dinners for the week...Thai carrot soup..new mexican corn chowder and golden curried dal

Wahoo! Yummy veggie options. The Fresh at home: Everyday vegetarian cooking is so awesome :)

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
Getting groped while watching a movie last night (at a friend's place), was a new one for me. Thank God my friends ran interference or I would have slapped the stupid bugger silly. Sitting next to me and playing with my bra strap is not ok.
yeah i have a friend who does that sometiems to me..it's really annoying.
so i can empathize with you.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
So tired. My son just fell asleep. The responsible thing to do would be getting ready for tomorrow and going to bed early. The stupid thing would be watching 3 episodes of The Wire. Decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.