• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody Cares...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

TRIBE Member
I always snicker when i hear "DJ lessons"

Whatever happened to a basement and the leftover sketch from the previous weekend as the only resources

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Dude my going away party is starting to look more and more like a BOK lineup
Jamie Kidd, Mike Gibbs, Hal....! <3 techno and then some gleeson for the househeads :)

I'm so glad that jamie is going to play, i can't stop listening to his mixes this week :)

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Temper Tantrum said:
Are you looking for somewhere nice to study Mich?

no, I need somewhere to "rent" for an event for 50 - 60 people

the osm site, doesn't seem to have all of the buildings listed in there

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
caz said:
I always snicker when i hear "DJ lessons"

Whatever happened to a basement and the leftover sketch from the previous weekend as the only resources
They offer 'DJ lessons' at our local community centre. It's for 12-16 year olds. lol

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

So, Sorry babe I'm having mine at I.V. lounge which isn't really somewhere U of T hall nice :D

technics1200

what's it for?

Michlerish said:

There is a website (external to U of T type stuff) that lists all their rooms and has pictures of many of them with rates.

I have it at work - is that what you're looking for?

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
Damn all these weird texts-:mad:either I've been sleepwalking lately, or someone with a very similar cell # is going out leading the nightlife I wish I had

emigre

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:

I saw you were scoping out Vic in the other thread...did anything in Old Vic turn up usable?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
if it's not on the OSM site they're not in charge of it. Ask at the building that houses the room you want. And if it's a woman over 40 you're asking for help from, God help you.

emigre

TRIBE Member
Yeah, as far as I can remember Vic is in charge of its own properties. Check in Wymilwood too, though I haven't really been there since before the renos.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
And if it's a woman over 40 you're asking for help from, God help you.
<cackle> So true.

In Ottawa you get another wrinkle - the 45 year old Franco-public-service-manager. They all look the same, have the same voice, same flippy-short, overly dyed hair, slightly age innappropriate style of dress, and universal disdain for anything resembling customer service. There is a 50% chance they will be named either Manon, Gisele, or Helene.

They tend to congregate in smoking areas outside public buildings and cougar bars and form a nearly impenetrable ring of apathy around the bureaucracy of Govenment and public organizations (Universities and hospitals) in this city.

Showing up with a carton of DuMaurier and throwing the odd 'OooouuAAAAIIiiiinnnn' into conversation doesn't hurt but by no means guarantees success.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
too true. Hate their job, only hanging on because their snot nosed kid is gonna get a tuition waiver out of it, have no interest in advancing, not interested in helping students, giving you 'no' as a default answer if it means they have to do something, leaving work at 4:30 when they can, making you walk across campus four times for a signature, knowing the answer but making you waste days trying to get it, and hiding behind a union that doesn't have a fucking clue what its role at the university is except to collect dues and put on a show that they're doing something by setting up booths in Sid Smith.

Yep. U of T lifers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.