• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

nobody cares:sports edition

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
fucking beautiful thread.

buffalo is thinking of changing their jersey to this...

Last edited:

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I haven't watched a CFL game all year.
And I told Ricky Williams I would, to his face no less!
Oh well, he told the Argos he'd be good.

kmsmith

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
I haven't watched a CFL game all year.
And I told Ricky Williams I would, to his face no less!
Oh well, he told the Argos he'd be good.
Burn!! lol...

Did you actually meet him? Must have, if you told him to his face...

Snapper

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
Would the Penquins sue for trying to steal the ugliest colour scheme in the NHL?
That colour scheme is more so the Nashville Preds, or if you check out the link, the St. Louis Rams.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
that is what i think too, they are bringing back the retro jerseys for 15 games next year. anyone else think they should go back to dark jerseys for the road, white just *seems* like the home color?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I like the dark jerseys at home better. White jerseys are always uglier so I'd rather see our good jerseys if I'm at the game.

^ As mentioned they are pkaying 15 games in the original jersey. I think the updated one looks great too though.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
kmsmith said:
Burn!! lol...

Did you actually meet him? Must have, if you told him to his face...
Yeah, I got to meet him at a Jays game, down by the change rooms.
I told him I was a big college football fan and was happy he was in town.
He asked me if I knew of any places where he could enjoy reggae, and I felt like an ass, cuz I didn't.
He was very polite and soft spoken, I was pleasently surprised at how open he was to talking to a random.

I like the dark jerseys at home.
IMO they make a team look a little more intimidating, and easier to notice for the casaul fan aka a girl you brought to the game.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
bringing girls to sporting events is a waste of time. they don't get drunk or yelly enough.

my picks for the NHL division winners next year

Nashville
Calgary
Anaheim

Ottawa
Carolina
Rangers

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Anyone catch this?

nicked from www.offwingopinion:

Champ Car Or Championship Boxing?

Great television moment out of the San Jose Grand Prix today: After overshooting Turn 6 on the city-street course, Paul Tracy spun his car into a 180 degree spin to rejoin the race, unfortunately, he skipped right out into traffic, and took the nose off of Alex Tagliani's car, knocking both out of the race.

But that's just where the fun began, as Tagliani stalked off the course to find Tracy and give him a piece of his mind -- and with an NBC cameraman in tow to boot. The results were predictable, as Tagliani grabbed Tracy and demanded an explanation. When he didn't get one, an enraged Tagliani screamed that his car was destroyed. He made it clear repeatedly that he had "no cars left,".

It was at that point that Tracy had enough, and asked Tagliani to get his hands off of him. But Tagliani wouldn't let up, which is when he threw a punch at Tracy. He then responded in kind -- which is where NBC cut the feed to the camera.

It's probably the best moment Champ Car has had in a long time. I'm glad I decided to watch. Courtesy of TiVo, I've watched the confrontation at least four times now.

One last note: PJ went to last year's race, so there's always a chance he was nearby with his camera. I sure hope so.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Muad'ib said:
bringing girls to sporting events is a waste of time. they don't get drunk or yelly enough.
Invite Mitsouka Souma to a Jays or especaily a Laphs game.
Both liberal amounts of drunky and yelly.baconpan