• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares (producers edition)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JamesM

TRIBE Member
yeah thanks. The luxury of hearing it translate to a proper get up is something definitely lacking right now.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
show and smell

got my new soundcard bitches!

it doesnt have as many outs as i would like (8 outs, just like my last soundcard), but it does have many features i've been doing without for a long time.

saffirepro40.gif

and will be selling my outgoing sound interface if anyone is interested...

Last edited:

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
How much would you sell that piece for?

I am thinking it would be nice to have four dedicated audio channels in Traktor and this looks like it would do it.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
$150

w/ manual, thick fw cable, ac power supply (not needed when using the big fw port), driver cd (but the updated drivers are online anyways though)

i'd even help you install it in case it is not straightforward. takes me about 5 mins.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
got my new soundcard bitches!

it doesnt have as many outs as i would like (8 outs, just like my last soundcard), but it does have many features i've been doing without for a long time.

saffirepro40.gif

and will be selling my outgoing sound interface if anyone is interested...

Focusrite makes awesome gear!! Love my saffire card... use it in the studio and at gigs! Why'd you choose this rack mount?? what features does it have the saffire doesn't (other than the obivious additional ports)? curious:)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Focusrite makes awesome gear!! Love my saffire card... use it in the studio and at gigs! Why'd you choose this rack mount?? what features does it have the saffire doesn't (other than the obivious additional ports)? curious:)

the additional inputs was the main factor, as my new 'group' (consisting of exactly two people, lol) needs 4 i/o minimum. Although 10 'real' outputs would be nice...but another big one is the dedicated monitor outs/control. Plus it is focusrite so i trust that the quality will be superior for its price range (but we'll see - latency not so good at 512, but 256 is perfect). i want everything to be in a rack as much as possible - as my eq, comp, and now sound card will all fit in (and I have my heart set on some sort of channel strip too).

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Plus it is focusrite so i trust that the quality will be superior for its price range

Great quality and service. I actually broke shit on the saffire while transporting it and they replaced everything no questions asked.

The only thing I don't like is the plastic tips on the 1/4 ports. If your constantly plugging and unplugging cables as I do for gigs, the plastic bits take a bit of strain. For such a great card not sure why they went cheap on those??

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
you know when you lay down a beat and mix it just right, and the rhythm on the track sort of adds to the climate and general environment outside and you just sit there playing the beat on repeat and it just rips outta your speakers like a kid on a runaway dirtbike? that's what's goin on today. good mood, in closing.

JoshuaReid

TRIBE Member
hey fellow producers... i know i havent really been very involved with this thread thus far...but now that im noticing that my productions are getting a bit better...thought i would see if any of ya's could offer some crit's on what to change/fix/make this better.... i would ideally like to start to put together an EP of deep house to submit to some labels but know that i have a bit of a ways to go before that happens...so for now i would settle for some advice ;)

Jacques Strappe - Jazzy Number
Zippyshare.com - Jacques Strappe - Jazzy Number.mp3

Aleks

TRIBE Member
im selling a couple pieces of gear in the buy/sell/rent forum if any of y'all would be interested in a DigiDesign Mbox 2 Mini, Native Instruments Maschine or a Evolution UC-33e holler at me!

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
One thing i have to say about the focusrite sound card: they have come a long way in reducing the harshness of digital audio clipping. you still don't want to overdrive a digital channel, but there is now a margin of error somewhat.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
getting more punch from kick/snares

my new best friends are the spectrum analyzer/scope plugins. This really shows you where all the extra unnecessary bass is and shit like that. To most of y'all i'm stating the obvious - but its like a new discovery for this slim kid.

self-learning is rewarding but very tedious. alas my newest tracks are nearing completion, but still needing work....

anyone know why my reference track (slyde-frequency), set at -0.1 dB, is allowed to clip in cubase without sounding like a bag of tit dirt? Is clipping on the main mix channel OK?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
also fuckin Cubase 5 does not have a vocoder. w-t-f?? sx2 and 3 did.

now i'm on the search for a mac/os compatible vocoder. all for one track