• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nobody cares - Men's edition

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
i've sworn them off for years. i've been a good boy. But south/central american women are my Achilles Heel. Damn you, south/central American women and your jet black hair, and your nice pretty faces with full lips and birth bearing hips.
Damn you!

Balzz

TRIBE Member
deep said:
By few days I assume you've got something lined up?
Yeah, just haven't signed anything yet. It's kinda surreal quitting without having a signed offer in hand. I'm happy though. :D

the_fornicator said:
dang shane, that's intense!

congrats?

I think heh
Thanks!

Balzz

TRIBE Member
It's sad but I'm going through serious blackberry withdrawal. I have these mini anxiety attacks where I think I hear my bb buzzing and try to reach for it. It's funny when you hear about it, and you always think that it only happens to other people...but it gets real pretty fast when it happens to you. :eek:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
my knees have been really sore on the lower inside for over a week now. I've had to stop running entirely as it gets painful after about 5 minutes and I can't even keep form.

If I tap my finger along the inside part just below my knee cap its tender to touch on either knee.

I need to get to a sports therapist soon .. I hate doctors, and more than anything .. I HATE THE STATIONARY BIKE, and there's no fucking swimming pool at my gym.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
oddmyth said:
my knees have been really sore on the lower inside for over a week now. I've had to stop running entirely as it gets painful after about 5 minutes and I can't even keep form.

If I tap my finger along the inside part just below my knee cap its tender to touch on either knee.

I need to get to a sports therapist soon .. I hate doctors, and more than anything .. I HATE THE STATIONARY BIKE, and there's no fucking swimming pool at my gym.
Sounds like your medial ligament or medial meniscus maybe? Get it looked at.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
workdowntown said:
Sounds like your medial ligament or medial meniscus maybe? Get it looked at.
Yeah from what I've read about it, it sounds like a medial meniscal tear.
I'm wondering if anyone's ever dealt with something like this and what I'm looking towards in terms of repair/downtime/rehab

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
hopefully you wont need surgery. i had knee problems after working on my feet all the time. the only real solution was to get off my feet. you may get physio exercises that strengthen your knee - they're boring as fuck and you'll feel dumb doing them - but that's what you'll have to do at the very least

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I don't think this is quite as simple as that unfortunately.

Here's a little backgrounder on the state of my knees.

- I played backcatcher for 11 years.
- I was an amateur skateboarder for 14 years.
- I was a cross-country runner for 7 years.
- I competed in all forms of jumping (high, triple and long) for 7 years.

My legs are strong, I do a solid 50 minutes of weight training on my legs a week, plus three days of core related exercise (plyo, cardio, yoga). In addition to all of that I do hip exercises every second night before going to bed.

If there's one part of my body that needs very little strengthening its my legs. However all you can do is build muscle to support your knees, there's no way of strengthening the knee itself.

Given that this is the third time I've had knee problems in less than 2 years either I'm overtraining (possible, but not really given the fact that I don't push my legs as hard as I once did) or I've actually done damage to my knees.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
Yeah, probably some long-term damage there. I'd get it looked at soon if you want to keep running/doing high-impact exercise.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Woooooooo!

Guy bragging rights. I'm organizing a stag. Trick: I'm in Germany and the stag is in Edmonton.

A normal 2 girl stripper show (strap ons and the whole 9 years) costs $2400.

Have a friend who's good friends with a couple of ridiculously hot strippers and I got them for a fraction of the price!

We're working with a small budget so this works out PERFECTLY!

Funny part is that these strippers actually LOVE what they do so I don't feel so bad.