• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares Girly Edition

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I have no idea ^

In other nbody gives a rat's ass - rj news: looks I have to go back to my creepy hairdresser to get my hair cut. *curly hair woes* he charges me $30. I have to listen to him creep on about his women and he dates all most of his clients that will give it up to him. *VOMIT COMET*

keline

TRIBE Member
Do you have a curly hair hairdresser that you like? Who is it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm at a loss about what to do with my hair. I have tight ringlets that I absolutely cannot mess with or they turn into frizz. It needs some kind of shape to it or something :confused:

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
He is out in Mississauga :/
Sounds like your hair is much curlier than mine. I have big thick curls.

He cuts my hair well. If you're willing to trek out to the burbs, let me know.

There are other curly hairdressers in Toronto - but I can't recommend them as I've not been myself. I read reviews on yelp and become confused.

My cousin swears by the hair salon in Dufferin mall. I think they charge around $50.
She said any of them, I can find out the name too.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
LOL I had a weird dream that DG called me and said - yeah Keline lives in Oakville and you came by and I took you to get your hair cut.

Do you want to go visit him Keline? I can still give you his info. I will try to find some BEFORE and AFTER haircut pics to send u lol.

keline

TRIBE Member
hehe.. actually I live downtown. I am interested in hearing about who your friend likes at Dufferin mall? I think there's at least two salons in there. Does she know the hairdresser's name?

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I used to go to a chick in dufferin mall in the place by the food court. its cheap there and I liked it. i will probably return there in the hopes that shes there, but im trying to hold out until I go up north and go to my girl there cause I like her, and i cant remember the chicks name at dufferin mall, I think it was delia, but i have straight hair so ...... i really need a haircut, its looking pretty shite..

ps- that wasnt a dream :O

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
how can i tell if my birth control is making me crazy or if it's just me turning into a crazy person? apart from stopping it and seeing what happens, that is. honestly, i do not feel like myself.

Dunno how long you've been on it but I've been through some crazy shit with BC. Think about it, your body is being tricked into thinking it is pregnant all the time.

I've been on hormaonal BC for more than half my life which is scary.I just recently switched to a non hormonal IUD. I was on BC pills until my early 20's when I started getting a brutal sun allergy (note I am Italian and have never had issues being in the sun). It got to the point that if I was exposed to sun for even 10min I would break into massive hives. I then switched to the Nuva-ring, which was supposed to be better due to it's slow release action. Over time though I started having absolutely debilitating migraines and emotional swings....I think due to my body's natural hormaonal changes.

Since being on the non hormonal IUD I feel much better.

Only way you can know for sure is to talk to your doctor......and hope your GP is good and invested. keep a medical diary and note all symptoms and feelings throughout the days, including meals, water intake, sleep times, etc.

erika

TRIBE Member
Note to self: if you put on nail polish in a sort of dark room while watching TV, and think it looks ok, you're probably wrong...

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
my supposed best friend is an idiot, she keeps asking me to come to Dubai and then out of the blue, she goes to the UK on vacation then expects me to fly over. What dream world are you living in??? Ridiculous. I would have been able to, if she told me a few weeks ago. Spoiled cunt.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Why do I LOVE getting my nails done? I was being cheap didn't get shellac, lasted a weekend. *teardrop

Now I remember why I stopped doing my nails