• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nobody Cares Girly Edition

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I came to post a Nobody Cares type question in here and realized there is no place to just gab about nothing and everything....so here it is - all pink and frilly :p

so I need ideas on what to get my bf for his bday...

Im beyond broke - he knows this
Im gonna take him out for dinner *steak*and what follows after a steak :)
but I want to get him a small gift as well...

ideas?

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Make him something?

Mix CD for example...

Last year for Rataxès' birthday I was totally broke, so I made him Pecan Brittle.
He loved it.

This year I have apparently decided to get him nothing, as his birthday was 6 weeks ago and I still haven't given him anything. :)
(I'm joking - there are plans made, but we haven't had time to go shopping for his gift yet.)

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
Make him something?

Mix CD for example...

Last year for Rataxès' birthday I was totally broke, so I made him Pecan Brittle.
He loved it.
Totally make him something!

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Save the $$ on a steak dinner and make the steak dinner at home. Steak, potatoes, veggies, salad and wine will run you $50-60 MAX vs. $100+ at a restaurant. Easy Bake a cake, make the table all nice with candles etc... and take your time easing into the second, sweeter half of the evening.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
hmmm ok I think I know what Im gonna do...:) thanks girls for inspiration!

ugh I cant cook at all...I suck so bad in the kitchen...

ila

TRIBE Member
Re gift ideas

I just got my boyfriend a pack of Evert-Fresh bags to keep his produce fresh longer. I think he was pretty amped. I suggest you do the same.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i'm so excited for tonight that the next 45 minutes is gonna feel like 2 years.
maybe i should just leave at 5.
or 5:15

yay tonight! :) :)
ps - my roommate left before me this morning (which never happens) and i listened to Hilary Duff really loud and i blame her for my excitedly good mood today. i have 12 year-old cousins who subject me to pop culture OK!??!

Have you ever seen such a beautiful night? I could almost kiss the stars for shining so bright... When I see you smiling, I go... Oh oh oh! I would never want to miss this - 'cause in my heart I know what this is

Hey now! Hey now! This is what dreeeeeeeeeams are made of...!

starr

TRIBE Member
[useless vent]
I'm supposed to have lunch with a friend from university today and I am dreading it. We talk every week and I'm starting to loathe our conversations more and more. She's just so judgemental, and not in a fun way. I can feel that she's disappointed that my life didn't turn out the way that she wanted it too. She wanted me to marry the guy I dated in university and now that I haven't she's sad that her and her husband can't hang out with me in a *couple* kind of way.

I just get really annoyed and frustrated with her sometimes and am getting worse at hiding it as time passes. I know that all friendships have their ups and downs and we have been friends for over 10 years, but I just feel like for the last few years it's all been my being there for her, listening to her whine about her husband and whatever and also then having to put up with her judge-y-ness.

There's nothing definitively awful about our friendship, it's just sucky lately. I know it's probably a phase, but it's just been bothering me lately and the fact that she's about to give birth and I'm about to be a quasi-aunt isn't helping. I feel like my annoyance with her is overshadowing any excitement I've been having over this little miracle and that blows. Blarg.
[/useless vent]

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
sometimes people outgrow each other - Ive had it happen with many people...

talk to her about how you are feeling...I dont think its cool that she pushes judgement and opinions on you...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Davie and I have a date next Saturday.
I am so excited - I haven't seen him in AGES!

We are going to stuff our faces with yummy eggs benny and whatever else, but I am just looking forward to seeing him. :)

bArHo

TRIBE Member
I've decided that I need to go to San Fran. by June 10th to see the Vivienne Westwood Restrospective Collection on tour from the VAM Musuem. She dressed the fucking Sex Pistols. nuff said.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
bArHo said:
I've decided that I need to go to San Fran. by June 10th to see the Vivienne Westwood Restrospective Collection on tour from the VAM Musuem. She dressed the fucking Sex Pistols. nuff said.
that would be amazing to see

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i saw the vivienne westwood exhibition at the V&A a few years ago and it was amazing! honestly, one of the best exhibits i've ever seen. and omg seeing those clothes up close - i nearly died. so much workmanship. you'll love it!

i am hungover today! and hungry! gimme food!!!

Bean

TRIBE Member
starr, i went through a similiar situation and finally said enough is enough and ended the friendship.

i couldn't stand being judged. this friendship was with a close highschool friend and she couldn't accept / understand some of the choices I made and paths I took, as they were markedly different from those I would have made or taken when I was a teenager. It drove me nuts.

starr

TRIBE Member
yeah, it's just that it's been 10 years.

lunch wasn't so bad, but it's hit or miss with her...ionno, i guess i'll hold out for now :confused:

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Bean said:
starr, i went through a similiar situation and finally said enough is enough and ended the friendship.

i couldn't stand being judged. this friendship was with a close highschool friend and she couldn't accept / understand some of the choices I made and paths I took, as they were markedly different from those I would have made or taken when I was a teenager. It drove me nuts.
Same here.

Only problem is - I'm living in the basement apartment of their house.
It's been icky.

But I'm moving out, and moving on. I have enough friends in my life that support me and give me respect. That doesn't mean that they always agree with every course of action I take - they just don't judge me for doing it 'my way'. There's a big difference.

It's still hard to lose that history though. I've known these ex-friends now for about 10 years. It's sad. But I just don't need people who don't respect me, and my right to make my own decisions (even bad ones!), in my life.