• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

No playback devices+No audio=Please help

Jagermathers

TRIBE Member
Ok I hate those techie websites that always come up with answers when you google a question so instead I am posting here...please have mercy

I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to either get my PC to load some software that needs audio and/or trying to get a copy of virtual PC intalled on my Mac so I can use said program there.

My PC is fucked, having switched to macs a couple of years ago it was a rude awakening buying a crap box but that is another rant. I am running windows 2000 with the latest service pack. I think that since I upgraded from 98 something fucked up but not sure as I did not try and play audio on 98. When I try and install the program I need, it says

"Wav playback not supported, please and enable and reinstall" or some shit. I check for hardware and the preferred device thing is greyed out under Sound playback as it says No playback devices.

WTF is going on? Is this a driver issue? I think I have a soundcard called AC97 but dont know if it is working. I have no clue what codecs are. I have DLed quicktime and iTunes as well as windows media player but I assume that is not the issue.

Please help me. I grant sexual favours or loan my gf out for some to anyone who can help me solve this crap. Fuck u bill gates u cunt.