• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

No more Chat!

kyuss

TRIBE Member
My work made all chat programs not accessable :mad: Can't log into MSN, can't go to Google chat or Yahoo :( Now my job is even more boring and I feel like I'm out of touch with the world.

On the other hand, not too upset about working on this rainy holiday...I love it when I have to work holiday's and the weather is shit! Haha suckers who have the day off in the rain! :p (just kidding;) )

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyuss

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
possible solution my friend uses is to leave his home computer on and acces it from work via some remote desktop type thing so he can do anything he wants since its running off his home pc.

http://www.realvnc.com/what.html

Good idea, but my home computer is a MAC and that site is just for Windows. Thanks though :eek:

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I don;t understand how any of you guys can surf the net and chat and shit at work. Don't you have shit to do?

For me, from the minute I start, to the minute I finish, it's an on-going stream of things to do.

kyuss

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
I don;t understand how any of you guys can surf the net and chat and shit at work. Don't you have shit to do?

For me, from the minute I start, to the minute I finish, it's an on-going stream of things to do.
congradulations

~atp~

TRIBE Member
kyuss said:
Good idea, but my home computer is a MAC and that site is just for Windows. Thanks though :eek:
There are mac-compatible versions. I did something similar by piggybacking off an HTTPS proxy...but those kinds of solutions generally require a lot of geek-savvy and elaborate (but evil!! :D) scheming. ;)

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Even though my work didnt block MSN/Surfing the net/etc, I'd remote desktop into my home computer and surf/chat from there

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've never had a workplace that allowed chat programs.
honestly, i would have gotten NOTHING done if i was on msn at work.
between email, msg boards and surfing, there are plenty of time wasting and communicating possibilities at your disposal.