• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

No... I will NOT buy a Cavalier!!!

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Yeah.. but instead of bitching about how much the popups annoy me and all that other kind of standard jazz, i'm just wondering if anyone knows of a decent popup buster?

Thanks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
delete config.sys and command.com from your Windows folders.

THEY'RE VIRUSES YOU KNOW!!!1 ;)

Pete

p.s. for anyone else reading this, please do not follow my advice.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swenard
just use opera 6.0

I don't see it any more
Bah..I would.. but im just loving this custom GUI and integrated winamp shit soooo much.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KiFe

TRIBE Member
haha i knew i would pique someone's intrest with that screenshot.

It's a GUI skin called Windowblinds from Stardock.

basically let's you skin your whole windows... TONS of phat skins out there too.. often with matching sets for winamp and icq+

But the cool thing is that it adds a bit more functionality.. like 'always on top' for any window..

Supposedly it runs great on XP .. but im running win2k and it's running much better than previous versions of windowblinds.

The skin you saw in that pic is called 'tactile'

peace

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
Yeah.. but instead of bitching about how much the popups annoy me and all that other kind of standard jazz, i'm just wondering if anyone knows of a decent popup buster?

Thanks.

www.panicware.com get pop-up stopper. I have yet to see this Cavalier pop up. Last one I saw was the Toyota Matrix one.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
.. but im running win2k and it's running much better than previous versions of windowblinds.
does it crash or mess things up at all? I remember last time i tried it, it was gone in 15 minutes..

how's the load time w/ it?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
There have only been 15,800 of these banners displayed out of 2.8 million pages so far. They are truly annoying I agree but I somehow have to pay off the cost of the new server.

In any case I have contacted the agency to tell them how fucking annoying they are in hopes they will devise some other strategy for the siet that is less offensive.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheap Ego

does it crash or mess things up at all? I remember last time i tried it, it was gone in 15 minutes..

how's the load time w/ it?
as i said.. It runs waay smoother than previous versions.

I mean.. it's a gui mod, so the bugs are really apparent when they occur... but it's very rarely.

Stable enough for me to have it on my system....and the winamp controls built in the windows is soooo sweet!!! (did i mention you can customize some of the key colours of select skins... hence the orange on mine)

:)

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
There have only been 15,800 of these banners displayed out of 2.8 million pages so far. They are truly annoying I agree but I somehow have to pay off the cost of the new server.

In any case I have contacted the agency to tell them how fucking annoying they are in hopes they will devise some other strategy for the siet that is less offensive.

I have no complaint about them personally.. im just happy to be able to block them out and not have to make a big stink about how they suck blah blah blah.

I totally understand that they're bringing in money.. haha obviously.. why else would anyone plague their sites with them? :p

Silverback

TRIBE Member
With WinXP's somewhat skinning ability already built. I find StyleXP to work great, I have YET to have it cause any problems, I don't have to configure it to not skin some programs because they don't skin well, it does everything without any trouble what so ever. Not to mention, there is no slow down on screen writes, overhead in memory usage. Only drawback, is lack of good skins right now, but I quite like my setup right now. I tried WindowBlinds in 2k but has issues with some programs and overall slowness compared to not using it.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd

will there be pop-up Cavaliers everywhere we turn when we go to the tribe party as well?

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories