• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

No Gold your reactions & comments here!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I will have more to say after rewatching the FULL game but if you r gunna play a 'CANADIAN' game like it seemed they were all game......dump and chase OVER AND OVER.....there's one key thing they forgot to do

HIT YOU FOOLS

why was heatly on a checking line is my first question??

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
no i mean, b4 the tournament, it should have been a given, based on the talent we were sending, they just underachieved horribly

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
this should have been a gimme for at least a medal
when bertuzzi was hit with the lawsuit, he should have left the team
it's moore like he never should have been on the team in the first place.

questionable team selection + shitty coaching = brutal on ice results

made even worse by having to listen to the that crappy commentating and analysis on cbc.

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
the passing was pathetic, dump-ins not working at all (you'd think ol' Pat would set something else up) and not one of those multi-million dollar Canadian hockey superstars could put the puck in the net in 3 games during this tournement!!

it's sad

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
i truly realize now how ASS Mccaber is on defense when you put him up with the elite of Team Canada D and not the likes of AKI and the other jokers on the leafs D

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
StarvinMarvin said:
i truly realize now how ASS Mccaber is on defense when you put him up with the elite of Team Canada D and not the likes of AKI and the other jokers on the leafs D

Uhhh, he might make the bad pass and take bad penalties, but he's a top offensive defenseman, and has no problem defending when skating backwards against a rushing player.

He saved 3 goals with pokechecks/rubouts in that game. Sadly, McCabe was probably the number 2 or 3 d-man in the olympics, and he wasn't good by any measure.

The rest of them were just that much worse.

breaker/junglis

TRIBE Member
This team was the worse team I have ever seen wear a canadian jersey iam actually embarssed to be a canadian after that. I really think the pros should be pulled out of the games and allow Canadians that will play with pride be there. Iam actually pissed right off now it was a waste of my money to go to italy and i want a refund from those prick pro hockey players i spent a lot of money to come over to italy to watch them win a gold now i have to sclap my gold medal game ticket what a bunch of asses

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
that is one thing i am shocked about, it seemed like they didnt really care, usually Canada is the team that is really hard to beat because they give everything they've got. the effort just didnt seem to be evident at all

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
You can't win 'em all, lets just chalk it up to a lesson learned, pick a new coach for 2010 and watch Staal and Spezza (yes I know Crosbie as well) bring home gold.

Transition time, like I said in another post, at least it was the Russians who beat us and not the yanks.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
no more yzerman/lemieux.....after today i'm left with this question

who will be the next to take the rains and show the rest of the team how to leave it all out on the ice?

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
wasnt that iginla and sakics job?

Sakic won it for us in 2002.

Iginla....you know I just can't put him in the same league as Lemieux/Yzerman.

I would put him more with the Andreychuk/Hawerchuk/Gartner type of player.

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
-Mercury- said:
Gretzky is showing himself to be almost as bad a general manager as Jordan was.
I was mighty pissed with this roster, but this comment is ridiculous.

He's won 2 out of 3 major tournaments he's been involved in.

He's one of many people involved, and deserves a lot of flack for this one, but this kind of statement is pathetic.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
there was a huge mistake on the d, everything starts with the d, and if the d is shit, the rest follows suit in most instances
they were just unreliable and took far too many penalties, not to mention slower than death
we had no break out what so ever, how can you get any speed thru the neutral zone if you arent getting your speed up when your half way through it, and the pass is off the mark and your always playing chase the puck hockey