1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

No Beyer reviews - no DJ Koze reviews??

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by praktik, May 31, 2010.

1. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

what a sad state of affairs

out with it tribers! Let those who were unfortunate enough to miss both shows live vicariously through you!!

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I also did not make it to this.

3. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Didnt attend either, kinda wished I was @ Beyer....

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

For me Koze > Beyer, but if I had tons of money, more energy and nothing on my plate last weekend I woulda been at both..;)

5. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

I was at Beyer of course! I don't miss him when he's in town. I'm not much of a reviewer however and haven't posted as a result :)

I got there early, so I could get settled in and make sure I had a good spot that I would be prepared to defend as it got crowded, which it did shortly after midnite. I hadnt heard Ida live before and although I was looking forward to it, I have to say I was a little concerned when I saw her take the decks at 1am, fearing Beyer then wouldn't be on til 3 or so and since Im gettin up there in years, I didn't know if id be able to make it all the way til 5 to take it all in :) She started off a little shaky in my opinion but eventually settled right in and brought some nice dancey bassy beats.

Lucky for me however, Beyer took over about an hour later and commenced to lay down the relentless pounding percussive awesomeness that makes me smile like a loon. I ended up staying much later than I normally do, and woulda closed the place down if Footwork wasn't so damned hot. That place gets super heated in the dead of winter, and on a night like Saturday, there was little relief to be had outside where it was unseasonably warm as well.

Overall I had an amazing time and it was a total redemption for Beyer in my books since when I saw him this time last year, I was a little disappointed, but I will chalk it up to venue and crowd he was playing to then. FW was a total sausage fest as it seems to be for most techno jams, and although I was approached more often than I like as a result, I danced my ass off til my clothes were soaked through and loved every minute of it. From the looks and reactions of the crowd I think they all felt the very same.

6. erika

erika TRIBE Member

This; there seem to be fewer and fewer reviews of events that weren't events thrown by tribers. C'mon! That's what led me to this site in the first place!

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i have noticed a significant drop in event listings too

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

my lifeforce was zapped by numerous hours in the sun...get it while it's hot.

9. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

My Ju' said that Koze was very underattended. Maybe 80 people?

everyone was in Detroit, no?

10. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

koze rocked it in detroit, and handed the crowd over to michael mayer who continued the goodness

11. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Man!

That sounds awesome!

Now im doubly angry I didnt make it..;( I need room to move!

12. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Man we wanted to stay for Koze but that rain on Monday was brutal, and then when it stopped everything smelled like hot dirty ass.
    Good weekend otherwise, but Monday just didn't seem worth hanging around for.
    Feel bad for the performers who travelled and got bumped due to the weather....

13. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

i'd review beyer in detroit but he got shut down just as he was taking over the decks...and that was just the start of a bad night.