• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nipple piercing kills teen

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...l_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News



Piercing caused toxic shock, coroner says
Mar. 16, 2006. 01:36 PM
CANADIAN PRESS


ST. JOHN'S — Newfoundland's chief medical examiner has determined the sudden death of a teenage girl in St. John's last week, was due to toxic shock syndrome caused by a piercing.

Dr. Simon Avis says the primary infection site was the location of a breast piercing.

Avis says the piercing was done about a week before the 17-year-old died.

He says the teen had reported some discomfort to her friends a few days prior to becoming acutely ill.

Avis says the piercing was done in a "private setting", but an investigation concluded it conformed to industry standards.

However, he warns that if the piercing becomes infected, painful, red, swollen, or makes a person feel unwell, they should see a doctor
 

Taro

TRIBE Member
that was from today too..

you've got admit though, it is a funny title ....kinda.......right?..
 

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
she shoulda stuck with heroin.
but really...toxic shock a week after the piercing ?
damn screeeeech !
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lucky1

TRIBE Member
RIP such a freak thing to happpen.. thats awful.. can only imagine what the family is going through.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top