• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nintendo Wii U Thread

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Look no further then the Wii thread guess who started it (http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/geek-computers-gaming/137752-new-nintendo-wii-thread.html) (also look who had the most post in that thread... MOD ONE 633), so to say I wasn't a fan boy is pure assumption on your part.

You can call BS all you want, but it can't take away the fact that the Wii sucked donkey balls and produced nothing but shovel ware. The game I played the most on that unit was Super Smash Bros. To clear up your assumptions I did play all the games you listed and more. Again you mentioned Paper Mario and that is the same old Mario franchise with some creative twists, but not enough to warrant anything special or new to the franchise.

As for the COD comment I don't buy into that franchise either because it does the same thing Mario does and that's making the same game day in and day out, but at least COD has a MP that can keep the masses coming. Mario once you're done with the story it collects dust on the shelf. Lets face it the Wii waggle sucks. However this shouldn't take away the fact that you like the WiiU, so who cares what I think as long as you enjoyed your pruchase more power to ya... Nintendo Power that is!!!

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
You can call BS all you want, but it can't take away the fact that the Wii sucked donkey balls and produced nothing but shovel ware.
This list is anything BUT shovel-ware... The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 1, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bross. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Other M, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Wario ware: Smooth Moves, Wario Land Shake it, Punch Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns… and those are just first/second party titles. I don't how you can claim a system sucked "Donkey Balls" when it produced some of the the best gaming of the last generation.

Again you mentioned Paper Mario and that is the same old Mario franchise with some creative twists, but not enough to warrant anything special or new to the franchise.
Did you even play Galaxy 1 and 2? Easily the best platforming adventure's ever made.

As for the COD comment I don't buy into that franchise either because it does the same thing Mario does and that's making the same game day in and day out
I was using COD as a jumping point. Pick any franchise in gaming (what's your favorite)and you'll see the same pattern emerge.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
I actually do know many people who hate the online MP of COD and play it for the story but I think they are the minority.

My point to MOD ONE was that all game franchises start as an idea and each sequel builds upon that idea. The core idea's barely change. My favorite franchise is Uncharted. The same thing happens each game with small improvements as the series evolves. But the main idea and core of the game is the same each time. I play it BECAUSE I like the main idea the developer has come up with. If I didn't I wouldn't play it.

I think the same could be said for all game franchises.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Actually if you look at a game like Uncharted they always look at ways to make some major changes to the game from story, gameplay and graphics. Mario is tired story they been shoving down people throats since day one. If you like that's fine I'm tired of Mario.

Zelda on the other hand I can never get tired of that is the one game that pushes the creative limits of a Nintendo franchise, so I have no issues with that game. Anyways we will see if the WiiU can stand up the hype that the big N has made it out to be. Not saying it's a crappy system just don't like the launch at the moment. As I said before the day they come out with the new Metroid game is the day I get a WiiU. I would buy the Wiiu for that game alone.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
I like having my Wii around still, got it loaded w/ classic NES games, a hard drive with over a hundred Wii titles and a nice loader w/ coverflow...

its a bit of a casual accompaniment that's great for loading up some easy 4 player fun when friends are over (everything from bomberman, to some ok wiiware things like top-down racers and the Bit Trip series).

Will probably always be carrying my Wii around til it dies, not sure i will need another console as the PC is where I do my "serious" gaming..;)

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
the day they come out with the new Metroid game is the day I get a WiiU. I would buy the Wiiu for that game alone.
I am quietly waiting for Metroid. I would've just waited for the system as well, But had to grab it while I had a friend in North America that could bring it back for me.

Hoping this years E3 gives us some previews of the upcoming massive Nintendo IPs :D

silver1

TRIBE Member
One of the things I'm most excited about were the comments of Eiji Aonuma as they work on the next Zelda game. Three major things came to focus on it:

1. Some form or "new" graphical style as they have been playing around with HD resolutions. So perhaps something stylewise we haven't seen before.
2. Likely throwing out "linear" progression of the game (completing dungeons in specific order)
3. changing the idea of Zelda games being single player only.

Very curious to see where this all goes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Get your classic game on. Celebrate the last 30 years of Nintendo. A classic game released every 30 days for $0.30 cents. Up in the eShop right now is F-Zero! Grab it while it's hot!