• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nine inch nails news

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Trent's Autograph

https://www.facebook.com/U2BROTHR#!/notes/mark-baker/trent-reznors-autograph/10151573118954411

I had written bits and pieces about this before on facebook, but wanted to officially document this in the notes section of Facebook. Another crazy story and perhaps some more Baker luck.

I went with Jason Kellam to go see Trent Reznor's new band called How to Destroy Angels. Nine Inch Nails used to scare the heck out of me, but playing with Jason in our original band, he made me see how special Trent really is as a composer and musician. A girl I used to date also turned me on to accept NIN.

That said, Jason and I now go to see NIN together all the time. How to Destroy Angels now features Trent's wife singing. It's like Portishead meets NIN. Trent gained my ultimate respect after winning the Oscar for the soundtrack for the movie "The Social Network". The soundtrack is incredible. This is an example of one of HTDA's more listener friendly tunes.

https://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/how-long?in=howtodestroyangels/sets/welcome-oblivion-2013

And their stage performance at Sound Academy was nothing to shunt at. Super high production.

Making How to Destroy Angels - YouTube

Onstage.... Trent Reznor, Wife Mariqueen Maandig, Alessandro Cortini, Atticus Ross, and Rob Sheridan doing the visuals live.

Ok. So the story. Jason and I met early the day of the show to eat. We went to the Keating Channel Pub which is just at the base of Cherry Street and Lakeshore.

While we are eating we are talking about bands, music, his kids, and we talk about twitter and how he follows @destroyangels on twitter.

Then he sees this.

Now. Truth be told. I finished work early and was snooping around the Docks to see if I could see Trent and get an autograph. I've had super luck with U2 and figured I'd put my nose to the ground and see what I can find. My friend Joe Samardzich had found the tour bus earlier and directed me where to find it via a phone call. I had a vinyl edition of "Pretty Hate Machine" in my hand but security stopped me from entering the yard where the tour bus was. *sigh*

Back to Jason and I.

After he shows me the tweet I was like... DUDE.. LET'S GO. I think I know where that album is. I *was* just snooping around there two hours ago. I even said to Jason, I'm lucky when it comes to this shit.

We take off. It was like we were on the Amazing Race.

Hilariously enough....after entering three wrong parking lots and parking in the handicap parking spot, I rush out of my car trying to locate the barn type building with the satellite dish on the top. I slowly start to realize that I am standing in the exact same spot where this album is hiding.

I find the album sitting in a white garbage bag in the rain on the shelf in the stand.

The album has all of their autographs on it...... I was freaking out... jumping for joy. I HAVE TRENT REZNOR's AUTOGRAPH! YAHOO! What victory! We had to tweet back a picture to demonstrate that we found it.

4 people came running by us in the rain only to see them saddened that we had beat them to the punch.

But the moment of truth came to me. I SHOULD give this record to Jason. He loves NIN like I love U2. I wouldn't be going to the show if it wasn't for Jason. Heck, I want to keep this record..... I ran like a bat outta hell to get it. I know this would mean the world to him....but I don't want to part with it.

I gave the record to Jason. I'm was kicking myself but yeah. I gave it to him. The gentleman he was, he gave me back the money I paid him for the ticket AND bought me beers all night during the fantastic show.

Little did I know, that HTDA had approximately 40 signed limited edition lithographs for sale at each venue. You have to get to the venue early to get one. I obviously missed out on the Toronto on. Joseph told me after the Toronto that I might be able to get one elsewhere. You basically had to be one of the first people entering the venue and be the first to get to the merch table.

Let's see. Where are HTDA playing next? BOSTON. I quickly contacted my dear U2 friend Boston Michelle to see if she could help out. She offered to help but unfortunately, things fell through. These signed poster are a hot commodity. I really appreciated her attempt though.

I started to give up hope.

Joseph Samardzich then suggested that I contact his friend, Danny Seranno.....who lives in New York. HTDA was slated to play The Apollo theatre.

I sent a sketchy email to Danny pleading with him to possibly help me out. He was going to the show. I told him that if he could spot me the coin, I'll pay him for the poster and the shipping to post it to Canada. Looks like my begging just might pay off.

As I sat on my couch that night, Danny sends me a text. BINGO. THE DESTROYED ANGEL HAS LANDED! I send him the money via Western Union the next day. The poster arrived today. Thanks Danny for trusting me and for going out of your way.

What goes around comes around. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. I am truly blessed.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
new album is called Hesitation marks.
Toronto concert date is October 4th @ ACC.

ROLL CALL !

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Digging the new album. Stand out tracks for me are Copy of A...Came Back Haunted...All time Low...Disappointed...Satellite...Various Methods of Escape...Running...While I`m Still Here. Making the trip from the great white north for the show. Can`t wait!

Last edited:
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Tickets in hand as of today yipeee! Explosions In The Sky are the opener. Never heard of them before. Some kind of instrumental band. Meh.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Tickets in hand as of today yipeee! Explosions In The Sky are the opener. Never heard of them before. Some kind of instrumental band. Meh.
Explosions in the Sky are fucking INCREDIBLE.

"some instrumental band" they are pretty much the most acclaimed/popular instrumental rock band ever.

They're great.

They've made a lot better music in the 2000's than a lot of the lame shit Trent released.

My favorite tunes of theirs.
The Moon is Down-Explosions in the Sky - YouTube
Explosions in the Sky - With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls we slept - YouTube
Explosions In The Sky - Memorial - YouTube

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Explosions in the Sky are fucking INCREDIBLE.

"some instrumental band" they are pretty much the most acclaimed/popular instrumental rock band ever.

They're great.

They've made a lot better music in the 2000's than a lot of the lame shit Trent released.

My favorite tunes of theirs.
The Moon is Down-Explosions in the Sky - YouTube
Explosions in the Sky - With tired eyes, tired minds, tired souls we slept - YouTube
Explosions In The Sky - Memorial - YouTube
Brutal lol. Sorry doesn`t do anything for me. I`d rather listen to Ghosts than this crap.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Can`t wait for Friday!

Setlist from last night :O

Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
(Live debut)
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Satellite
(Live debut)
I Would for You
(Live debut)
Survivalism
Running
(Live debut)
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
Only
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Encore:
Even Deeper
(First time since 2007)
In This Twilight
While I'm Still Here
(Live debut)
Black Noise
(Live debut)
Hurt

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Small brunette, Bedazzled NIN shirt - m4w

Small brunette, Bedazzled NIN shirt - m4w - 31 (NIN show, Xcel Center, center GA)

I was thoroughly enjoying the Nine Inch Nails concert last Saturday night when something caught my eye. Shining brighter than the thousands of color-changing lights broadcast from the stage were the dozens of awkwardly attached Bedazzled jewels adorning your tour shirt.

I tried to look past them but such attempts proved futile, as your neckless man-servant had provided you with a perch atop his broad, Muscle Milk infused shoulders. From this vantage point you resided for three, no - four songs. Of which you broadcast your existence to the audience by lifting your frail arm and thrusting a tiny fist towards the stage. I'm not certain that the band appreciated your gestures a much as I did - your off-time thrusting, along with the lack of concern you expressed for the obstructed view that you provided the audience around you, serving as examples of your individualism. To boldly declare your independence from obvious rhythm by physically demonstrating that you care not for the meter of the material presented to you but in fact prefer the beat of your "own drummer" was inspiring. Furthermore, to knowingly obstruct the view of those around you, providing little for them than the alternative light show inadvertently provided by your clothing - that was display of confidence that I found highly attractive.

Unfortunately, some of the audience did not feel this way. I watched in horror as a multitude of projectiles were thrown in your direction - some of them but narrowly missing your mobile phone. Which brings me to another quality I appreciated - your altruism. You certainly didn't have to get out your recording device and attempt to shakily record 'Even Deeper', but for the greater good - you did. And you did so while said projectiles were raining down upon you - like a wartime reporter functioning under a rain of artillery fire. I hope the individuals who were lobbing discarded plastic cups and assorted garbage in your direction rue the day when your high-quality, one-handed recording arrives on YouTube.

However, it wasn't until you had decided to relinquish your position atop the Creotene powered throne that I noticed the one thing that will keep us forever apart, your wedding ring. Though it could refract only a portion of the light that you stunningly jeweled t-shirt could, it transmitted a clear message: we will never be together.

Unfortunately, you are something I can never have.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit