1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nike resurrects Tiger's dead father to capitalize on sponsorship agreement

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Apr 8, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I don't know know what is worse: the fact that I started a thread about this, the creepiness of the nike ad, or the fact that every channel on TV is going to be showing golf related stories or this stupid ad for the next 2 weeks.

2. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

With the strength of a thousand vaginas, he will win the Masters...

3. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

4. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

YAY! I DID IT!

Anyways I wonder where they got the voice recording from...

...heaven?

5. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

*chortle*

[jai]

6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

commercials on tv....MADNESS!!

next you're gonna tell me ricky martin is gay!

8. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

wow, thats creepy.

9. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

I can't believe tiger would even do this shit. Lame with a capitol "L".

10. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

yeah, its a new low for Tiger, and that's saying something!

11. agroberts

agroberts New Member

Whether they played the "daddy death card" or not, this is bloody powerful. It's a very effective ad no matter which way you slice it.

12. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

agreed

Here is a great article from Marketing Mag - Esstentially Marketing asked Canadian advertising professionals for their thoughts on the spot - here are some of their thoughts.
    Chatter: Tiger's new Nike ad | Marketer News

My view, can be summed up best by New York Times' Richard Sandomir, "the answer to the father's question appears to be that serial philandering and addiction rehab can be positioned as a commodity—and that you can roll it out in phases leading to the Nike amendment to the 12 steps: a TV commercial."

13. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

I'll go with A Alex.

14. alexd

i hear ya

15. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

gotta get those hits in here somehow

16. alexd

The hits are just fine already, thank you. i was just swept up in the nike driven hate~like hoopla yesterday like everyone else, even if they didn't want to be. And I don't even like golf FFS! As ad campaigns go, that one is sure to go into the records books for getting millions of $$ of free advertising without actually paying to run that many ads on TV.

17. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

You should just morph this thread into the Tigers sports thread and rename that thread Everything Tiger Woods and More.