• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nightskiing.

atbell

TRIBE Member
I got sent home early today and told not to bother going to work Saturday or Sunday. :mad:

It was raining most of the 5 hours I was at Cypress.

Don't go up without a swim suit.

MadWej

TRIBE Member
Cypress'ed it up last night.

A bit slushy, but still pretty good. Last Wednesday night of the season coming up.

a.ron

atbell

TRIBE Member
cypress web page said:
DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER BOTH THE ALPINE AND NORDIC AREAS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE DAY.
booooooooo

I'm busy Wed, but I go up either thuse or thurs this week if the hills open and someone else wants to go.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
I really don't understand why people don't like spring/slushy conditions more.. getting wet isn't that big a deal when it's so warm out, you get great edges, it's faster, and more forgiving when you fall. Next to brand new fresh powder, this is about as good as it gets, IMO.

Shame about the rain, though.. hopefully it will be clear tomorrow and wednesday nights!

atbell

TRIBE Member
Looks like there is snow on the hill.

I'm going to head up tonight if anyone wants a ride.

baconpan (this thread,like so many threads, needs more bacon)

atbell

TRIBE Member
Last night wasn't bad, considering the amount of rain.

Today I was informed that I would be reduced to "we'll call you" status at the hill. It's been pouring since 6 AM, maybe all night.

There's still lots of snow but night skiing is probably done. A sunny day might be worth heading up.

I asked about reduced rates for spring conditions, they said no.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Whistler looks like it should be o.k this weekend if the freezing level remain low enough, tonnes of precip in the forcast.

I still have lots of skiing left in me but I'm starting to think about biking season a lot more now. First ride on fromme last sunday was super nice, pushed up through about 300ft of snow at the top of the road up but the trails down were grippy and lots of fun. Thank god for biking season overlapping ski season, never a dull moment in BC.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
i agree with you Cheap Ego - i like the slushy conditions too :) when i first moved to Vancouver last april the first thing i did was go riding at whistler, and the spring conditions were still better then 90% of my ontario experiences.

has anyone been up to Grouse lately? i was thinking of getting an all mountain pass, it's cheap and good for the rest of the season and the beginning of 2008. it's soooo close to home, very tempting..

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
has anyone been up to Grouse lately? i was thinking of getting an all mountain pass, it's cheap and good for the rest of the season..
I've been mulling over picking one up, just for the terrain park access.. does anyone know if their park is any good? also, how late in the year do they keep the night skiing going?