• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nightskiing.

MadWej

TRIBE Member
Actually it was damn good last night. It was snowing all day (it turned to rain around 9:15 when we got off the hill). There was probably 5 to 8 cm in places, and the hill was virtually untouched when we started.

a.ron

atbell

TRIBE Member
^^^

So I heard.

And today on the radio it talked about how the fresh stuff had hit so I packed up my gear, got all ready, and then got a call from my boss saying not to come in tomorow and that it was currently (10 AM ish) pissing rain.

:mad:

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Last night was sweet. Some areas had a crust under 5-6cms of fresh and other spots were 10cm of fresh with no crust. It snowed all night and lift lines were pretty small. One of my best times at Cypress.

atbell

TRIBE Member
Knee to waist deep powder at Cypress until around 4 pm!!! The best riding I've seen all year!

The snow was still rideable when I left and will likely be decent tomorow for those who are thinking about going up.

MadWej

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
Knee to waist deep powder at Cypress until around 4 pm!!! The best riding I've seen all year!

The snow was still rideable when I left and will likely be decent tomorow for those who are thinking about going up.

all I have to say about tonight was epic. It was rockies powder, and at 10pm I was still skiing knee deep break-away powder.

a.ron

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
hot damn!

here's hoping these conditions last. i'll be heading up to cypress on friday afternoon if anyone wishes to join :)

atbell

TRIBE Member
Cypress got more snow.

I just got called in to do some extra shifts but I had to let the boss know that I'd be on the hill for a could of hours before setting my back to the shovel.

I think it just stooped snowing half an hour ago.

I'll be up Friday too.

erikwh

TRIBE Member
ohh baby friday i'll be there too taking my sister for her first day of skiing! err well mostly dropping her off at her lesson so I can go bomb around heheh

atbell

TRIBE Member
50 cm expceted over night. Show up early if you are going to Cypress.

Baker aparently had so much snow comming down today that people were turning back because of the roads and making the drive up to Cypress.

MadWej

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
50 cm expceted over night. Show up early if you are going to Cypress.

Baker aparently had so much snow comming down today that people were turning back because of the roads and making the drive up to Cypress.

Sunday Whistler!!!!

a.ron

atbell

TRIBE Member
I'm going to hit the hill Wed for some ridding, if anyone wants a ride let me know.

I should have a snow report tomorow as I plan on shoveling the piles of it that have been crushing the buildings there.

erikwh

TRIBE Member
by the time I got there yesterday at 4:30 it was totally tracked out and icing over. The dark side (black mountain?) was still really soft, but everyone went over there and by 8:30 the line was 15 minutes long.

atbell

TRIBE Member
Well runs or not, the 45 cm of snow that hit over the night means that I've got some work to do (my arms are burning just thinking of it).

I'm thinking of heading up in late afternoon but can hold off until after office hours if anyone needs a ride up.

Either way I'll be on the hill tonight.

atbell

TRIBE Member
Pouring rain on Cypress today.

Survey says... wait for some fresh stuff, the weekend wasn't great either.

or, if you're more of a glass half full type....

No line ups at Cypress today!!!

Fucking amazing, I heard you could get right on the lift every run without any waits.

atbell

TRIBE Member
^^^^^
Maybe a free umbrella with any lift ticket purchase?

Yes, I think prices do drop but I'm not sure when.

It's snowing a lot right now. I got called in but I don't think I can make it.

Tomorrow it's supposed to snow too.

But they (who?) are calling for rain all weekend.

atbell

TRIBE Member
Despite the warm sun yesterday there is still snow on Cypress and more is falling right now.

It's expected to keep up until Saturday afternoon.

I'm planning on heading up to the hill Wed. around 1 if people are looking for rides.