• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nightskiing.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Just wanted to put out a feeler on some people who might want to head up to Cypress and or Grouse maybe one night a week for some night skiing this season. I have a car and would be willing to pick up anyone in the downtown/mount pleasant area. probably have 2 spots most nights.

You can buy and 1 night a week lift ticket from cypress for $199.00 before oct 31 if you think you might get up there quite a bit.

I know it's early, but it's going to be a huge season with lots of snow and I'm getting really excited.

paul

KiFe

TRIBE Member
What suggests that the seasons looks snowy this year?

I'm looking forward to it... going to get a nighttimer seasons pass for cypress... stoked to get my carve on!

woot!

I've got a car too.
(taking donations for a roofrack=more people fit inside)

watanabee

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
What suggests that the seasons looks snowy this year?
my hope... and hope alone.

i'm in the market for a roofrack as well, i've been searching craigslist for a while now for a Yakima/Thule that's fits my civic as they're pretty damn pricey new.

Apparently they are a lot cheaper in the states if you're willing to drive down put in your roof and drive back.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

watanabee

TRIBE Member
if you ever do have to take the bus, take a city bus to park royal and there are shuttles from park royal south to cypress.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
i'm in for the night pass as well... as is my buddy willar and his girl. should be a good crew at Cypress!

watanabee

TRIBE Member
as a side note...there was footage on the news last night about the last tower going in on the new 'Symphony Express' chair on Whistler. It goes right up to Piccolo peak and allows access the Flute Bowl area which used to be a sidecountry(not quite backcountry) access area only. When it snows it gets really deep in here and has some great glade skiing at the bottom. Whistler/Blackcomb is absolutely huge now, I'm so happy to live so close.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
is there any other kind? :)
haha.. i suppose not.. hence my curiosity.

cool.. now all we need is POW.

I checked out whistler for the first time this past weekend.. fucking awe-inspiring.. i can't believe how huge it is... Makes that ~$80 lift pass seem like a small price to pay.

Hopefully i'll finally get a chance to carve it up this year..... Until then, i'll be on cypress hopefully 3+ times a week. YAY!

erikwh

TRIBE Member
hum not sure If I can get a car by the time the season starts but Im down for some triber night skiing!

anyone out towards new west?

atbell

TRIBE Member
I'm in kits and I have a car.

It looks like I'll either have a pass or a job at Cypress.

I'm hoping to ski powder filled weekday mornings if I can schedule my work right, but I might be able to offer rides at other times too.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
3 or 4 times a month? wow.
i'm planning to get down there at least twice this season. Why do you choose to go to baker so much? I know it's good snow and all but it seems like a far drive with whistler so close.

..and last year I was skiing on november 5th in whistler, so...it could be right around the corner.

ninja

TRIBE Member
Baker is about the same drive as whistler to my memory and oohhhh so good.

With all this excitement, maybe a west coast version of the TBQ could be a whistler weekend?
I'd be in but I'd have to drag my self off the island and away form Mt Washington. but for such a cause It could surely happen.

Anyone else interested?
and what time of year? I suggest february
but let's see if there is any interest first.

Mike

watanabee

TRIBE Member
ninja said:
Baker is about the same drive as whistler to my memory and oohhhh so good.

Mike
I'm pretty sure it's at least another hour, not including border hold ups. The allure for me is less crowds, more low key than whistler and lots and lots of snow.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Comor Sports is having a Turkey sale this Weekend starting Friday.

I have an email inviting you to a pre sale on thursday with an extra $20.00 off any purchase over $100.00.

If anyone would like the email and coupon send me a pm with your email I'll forward it on to you.

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
watanabee said:
Just wanted to put out a feeler on some people who might want to head up to Cypress and or Grouse maybe one night a week for some night skiing this season. I have a car and would be willing to pick up anyone in the downtown/mount pleasant area. probably have 2 spots most nights.
damn, i could be into that. seeing as i'm in mount pleasant. my first winter here, i'm a little reluctant to commit to a night pass, but i do want to get boarding after work at least once a week. how reliable is the season for the local mountains? i know a couple years back i was out here, and the local hills were closed in january - no snow.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
2 years ago was a terrible season everywhere. Cypress usually sees a deeper base than whistler does on average.

MadWej

TRIBE Member
watanabee said:
I'm pretty sure it's at least another hour, not including border hold ups. The allure for me is less crowds, more low key than whistler and lots and lots of snow.

Its about the same time (maybe 20 minutes more to Baker) and the border line ups aint bad...

Baker has some really twisted terrain and amazing snow (much better than Whistler). Its a throw back to the 70's skiing there, so you get away from the tourists and the human slalom which is whistler...

a.ron

watanabee said:
3 or 4 times a month? wow.
i'm planning to get down there at least twice this season. Why do you choose to go to baker so much? I know it's good snow and all but it seems like a far drive with whistler so close.

..and last year I was skiing on november 5th in whistler, so...it could be right around the corner.
Its the same distance, the only variable is the border, but going in the mornings is not usually a problem.

The last 6 seasons I have gone to Whistler, 4 of which I lived in Whistler so for me its really more of a change of routine, not to mention the few days I do every year at Baker end up being some of the most memorable.

My plan is either one Saturday or Sunday a week.