• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

NightMare! Masacre!

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
Since the clocks went back and I can't sleep I will give a detailed review of my NIGHTMARE
This party was KILLER!!
plain and simple. I felt that there was a nice vibe in the venue the
whole night, thanks to Nightmare for putting this together!

Apart from the horrid parking that was available(it only took me
6 circles around the block to finally get a spot-thanks again to the
NY crew that let me park behind there cars!) this party was off
the hook!

I really liked the setup of tents around the building, it added a new demension to the club Lotsa people the whole night, really cool costumes, lotsa hotties

The sets:
I got there to hear Ostrixxx play a pounding set of chicago hard house-nice job

I played some hard stuff too, but more on the techno influence, people were jamming

After my set I went up to get a drink and watch Dj Unabomber
smash the place in the main room....

Back downstairs I ran to get back for the big booty battle. Chad,
Navigator, Ostrixxx, and myself did a dedication to Mark V by playing all his tracks(right Jeff ) It was sooo much fun throwing
down with toronto's hard house mastaz

Back upstairs I went to catch the set of the night in a tent by
Dj Mischif!! damn he kicked my ass with some hard funky beats,
good job man-lovin' the teeth, its a good look for you :p

back downstairs to catch Kamikaze play some dirrrrrrrty booty-just the way I like it(did anyone else get that weird smell in the booty room? ewwwww)

the rest of the night me and my girl wandered around

Halloween fun wikkid night!

peaze

robg1138

TRIBE Member
We got there around 11:30 and waited 'till 2am to get in.I loved the tunes coming out of the tent next to the line though (anybody know WHO was on deck around around 12:45 or so??? Almost reminded of Goa Trance at some point)...I was glad I dressed warm for the wait...I couldn't understand how some people were in that line half naked....burrrr...it was COLD....

Once we got inside the fun began and the great beats were nonstop....Paladin was great although his buildup was dragging abit at the start of his set...I LOVE 'em in any case....I was abit leery about Nightmare taking place at Palais but we stayed upstairs mostly and found a spot to dance & there was a cool rush of air where we were so it was perfect....This was my first Nightmare party and I will definitly return...

We didn't go to the afterparty so let me know how that went ya'll

robby

G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twitch:
For the short little while I was there I had fun.. lots of people. and good music.</font>

I wish we stayed longer.
to bad virus is such a puss.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Nightmare was amazing.

Mostly because I got to play a total of 3 sets through out the night. My frist one was from 9:30-10:30 and there was maybe 15 people in the tent to hear me wich kinda sucked. But it was around 3 o'clock that Greg ran up to me telling me they couldnt find Jerermy (Spoken) and I grabbed my records and took over after a fucking wicked breaks set (full of alota Big Party Tracks) by DJ R2 for a 30 minute tribal techno set. Jerermy showed up finally drunk off his ass and played and then after his set we tag teamed forawhile and closed off the 4rth tent.
The night was even better because I got to spend the whole time with my technoslut (mmm rub my technoboobies) from Niagra Falls.
People seemed nice- good costumes and some nice pounding beats all around!

Engine

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djdam

TRIBE Member
robg1138 wrote:

"We got there around 11:30 and waited 'till 2am to get in.I loved the tunes coming out of the tent next to the line though (anybody know WHO was on deck around around 12:45 or so??? Almost reminded of Goa Trance at some point)..."

Hey Rob;

That was me playing. I started at about 12:30 or so (sets were delayed almost by a full slot). Glad you enjoyed the chewns. I felt like I was pretty much playing for the lineup anyway as there weren't many people in that tent at the beginning but it did gradually get fuller towards the end of my set. Since that was the fourth room, the soundsystem was definitely on the small side. Thanks to Unabomber for giving me a slot though and getting some psychedelic trance out to a new audience. If you wanna catch me on a full soundsystem though, I'll be playing at Area51 on Nov 17 and the at the R351570R party at the Reverb on the 24th.

Peace out,

dam

*+lady bass+*

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KillaLadY:
Where was the venue at?</font>
Palais Royale
Kick ass set-up with the tents outside and the main room facing the back instead of the stage. Nice job Nightmare! This party kicked ass!

Lady Bass

wunderfly

TRIBE Member
when I *finally* heard the venue was Palais... I was disappointed. I like the Palais a lot... but I was really hoping for something new.

anyhow... so we jump out of a cab at McDonalds at about 9:30. inside and around mcD's were some very upset and freaked out looking party kidds... and just as we were about to cross the bridge someone tells us that a group of 10 kids just got robbed crossing the bridge. there were 6 of us plus another group of about 6 that were about to cross also. I've always been uneasy about that bridge... but with the idea that there might be a group of thugs with knives or a gun waiting for us... we were pretty freaked out. considering two of us were carrying digital cameras and one in the other group had his digital video camera.... among other things. Anyhow... we didnt run into anyone on the bridge, but it was a really bad way to start to the evening. I feel really bad for the people that got robbed. I dont think this is the first time kids have been robbed on that bridge. Anyone throwing a party at Palais in the future really should put some security or someone on the bridge to make sure people coming over are safe. If anything really bad happened on that bridge to kids on their way to your party you know it would look bad for all of us.

So... we get in line. Nice thing about having that tent outside was that we could hear the music in line and dance to keep warm. I hear that tent was going to be used as the entrance. Having the searchers etc in there would have been a lot better IMO. Warmer too... but luckily the line moved pretty fast. And we were in within 30 min.

I have to say the layout of the main room was fucked up. Yeah it was different... but it was disorienting. having the dj at the *back* of the room in front of the 19+ area and leaving the stage more or less unused didnt seem to make any sense. since the dj booth was at floor level unless you were standing right in front of the dj you couldnt see them. so it seemed like there was no focal point in the main room. and the lazers coming out from behind the dj seemed limited because of their location too - like they couldnt really be used to their fullest because they were blocked by the lower ceiling and posts around the dj. Anyhow... I was really not impressed - visuals in the main room were lacking IMO - so no pictures of the main room or djs from me.

but... the music in the main room was fantastic!! lots of hard beats!! and despite the rush hour traffic I always found a place to dance... but there was lots of bumping and pushing going on so I often lost the beat and wandered away downstairs.

the chill tent = parking lot with a lid... and two couches - that's all you could come up with eh? cool video screen - but expecting us to sit on cold pavement?? that's not very cool. even some milk crates or something would have been appreciated. but whatever... somehow I kept ending up in that tent anyhow.

the other tent in the back was great... not crowded... lots of people I talked to upstairs didnt even know it was there. too bad... some great techno coming out there. and that hot air tube saved my life.

bathroom control bitches - wholy insulting batman. Ok I understand bad things can happen in the bathroom. So supervise. That doesnt mean standing at the door - little 4 foot nuthin bull-butch - barking orders at us like we're a bunch of inmates. "ONE MORE. STALL AT THE END. ONE MORE. STALL NUMBER TWO." and then staring at you while you fix yourself in the mirror... bah. whatever. at least she didnt follow me into the stall.

so I spent most of the night bouncing around from room to tent to room to tent... lots of great costumes!

so we're all having a great time in the main room - rush hour traffic finally over... and then clickty click the music is off and the lights are on and we are being herded out the door. FULL HOUSE and they are shutting it down. I'm guess it's not Nightmare's doing - but it really ended the party badly. Everone rushed outside into the freezing cold... lots of confused lost people (myself included - trying to find friends and coats).

So... all of a sudden it was over.

I did have a great night... but because of the people around me and the music. Thanks Nightmare for pulling in all that fantastic talent!! Wish I could have been in all 4 areas at the same time!

HUGS AND LOVE to all the fantastic partiers that really made this party happen.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

pet

robg1138

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djdam:
robg1138 wrote:

"We got there around 11:30 and waited 'till 2am to get in.I loved the tunes coming out of the tent next to the line though (anybody know WHO was on deck around around 12:45 or so??? Almost reminded of Goa Trance at some point)..."

Hey Rob;

That was me playing. I started at about 12:30 or so (sets were delayed almost by a full slot). Glad you enjoyed the chewns. I felt like I was pretty much playing for the lineup anyway as there weren't many people in that tent at the beginning but it did gradually get fuller towards the end of my set. Since that was the fourth room, the soundsystem was definitely on the small side. Thanks to Unabomber for giving me a slot though and getting some psychedelic trance out to a new audience. If you wanna catch me on a full soundsystem though, I'll be playing at Area51 on Nov 17 and the at the R351570R party at the Reverb on the 24th.

Peace out,

dam
</font>
....FUCKFUCK AND FUCKETY FUCK...I MISSED it
..It figures...I don't remember seeing your name posted in the flyer or in the posted ad here otherwise I would have gotten there ALOT sooner.....shit......anyway I met you at the last Resistor party and in the back of my mind, in that line up, I kinda thought...hmmmm kinda sounds like DJ Dam....REALLY....Anyway dude there were alot of poeple in that line that loved those beats especially me
....Its too bad that we got there late and missed ya (BUT we heard it though
)....Hopefully I won't miss you at your next gig....

Robby

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

djdam

TRIBE Member
Well like I said before. Glad the people in the line were groovin my tunes. Hey, better to wait in the cold lineup WITH good chewns than without

dam

Saira

TRIBE Member
Got there at 11, got in at 1am. 2 of my friends got kicked out at 1:30am for smokin
a dube..the security guy was an a**hole he physically grabbed one of my friends by the arm to take him out. My friend wasnt resisting at all and wasn't planning to. I realize security is doing their job but did he have to be so errogant?!

That was a downer but I did have a good time. The music and set up were great. I really didnt appreciate being yelled at on my way out...'ALL EXITS ARE FINAL, ONCE YOU LEAVE YOU CANT GET BACK IN, ONCE YOU LEAVE YOU ARE FUCKED'!! No really! What was with the attitude?! That security crew totally sucked!!!

Does anybody know what happened to the person that was taken away in an abulance around 12??

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
For those of us that arrived at 12, that was one "nightmare" of a line-up. Haha get it, nightmare? The only thing I was dissapointed with at this year's halloween Nightmare was the lack of people dressing up, probably not even a quarter of us looked any different. I dunno, I just look forward to hallowen parties becuase everyone dressing up gives the party a certain feel that can only happen once a year. I took the time to cover myself completely in siver makeup and hairspray, and made some cool finger lights out of orange LED's and other stuff I bought at Active Surplus. I love that store! Anyways, compared to the venue last year, WOW, killer production in the main room. I liked the video screens, but it was a little wierd to have the DJ opposite of the stage. Downstairs was also really nice, that hallway all decked out in blacklight was a happy place every time I walked by. Music was great all around as well. As wunderfly said, it did end pretty weird, almost abruptly. All I can say is that they should have taken advantage of the extra hour that we got, another thing that makes halloween parties so damn cool.

spAce cAdette

TRIBE Member
I got there around 12 only to have my heart sink when I saw the size of the line.
(flashbacks from wemf)
People explained that it had to do with someone needing an ambulance.

Luckily for us a friend(Derek) was standing right at the front of the line waiting for us to show up with his ticket, so we got in pretty quick.

He was one of the people who had fallen victim to the thugs on the bridge (one of whom had been a bouncer at HIS party)
They took his clothes and some money and actually held a knife to his friend and made him walk to the nearest bank machine.
NOT COOL.
Something seriously needs to be done about that bridge if promoters are going to use this venue. All it takes is a couple of security guys to keep the partiers safe.

The party itself was amazing!
I love the way Nightmare was able to completely reinvent the place.
The reverse set up in the main room was a nice touch.
AND THE TENTS! What a good idea. They transformed the place from a 2 room venue to a place with 4 rooms of music and 3+ chill spaces. I especially liked the way that they were connected to the main rooms. You never really felt like you were leaving the core of the party, insted it was more like finding little hidden pockets of party each with their own individual atmosphere. The vibe was spread throughout.

Music-wise the only full set I managed to catch was Voytek & Otis. All I have to say is way to kick the pants off of everyone in that room!! I loved it!! The fact that at the end of the night you guys still had all those people dancing like mad speaks for itself.
EVERYTHING in the main room from start to finish was off the hook! Especially Paladin who had just about everybody in awe.
I have no complaints about the fragments of the rest of the sets I caught other than the fact that nobody ever knew who was spinning.

All in all I miss the familiar faces that mostly seem to have disappeared. It's a shame those people aren't around to see how this scene is still very much alive.

*Amy*

JayBrain

TRIBE Member
Well.. I sure had a great time.. I found a huge roll of stickers with a pumpkin design. I continued to proceed to the dancefloor and hand them out to everyone who noticed I had a huge roll of stickers... damn by the end of my little escapade I was out of stickers and everyone I saw had a pumpkin sticker on them.. lol.. I swear I think I got everyone with a sticker!! I think I might have been a little perverted with girls, but that cool.. I hope they didn't mind

Anyway.. Nightmare was fun.. Sticking pumpkins on boobies. :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wunderfly

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JayBrain:
Well.. I sure had a great time.. I found a huge roll of stickers with a pumpkin design. I continued to proceed to the dancefloor and hand them out to everyone who noticed I had a huge roll of stickers... damn by the end of my little escapade I was out of stickers and everyone I saw had a pumpkin sticker on them.. lol.. I swear I think I got everyone with a sticker!! I think I might have been a little perverted with girls, but that cool.. I hope they didn't mind

Anyway.. Nightmare was fun.. Sticking pumpkins on boobies. :p
</font>

LOL!!! my friend got a whole strip of them off you and was slapping them on people's asses as they walked by!!! lol
thanks!!!

pet

wunderfly

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spAce cAdette:

EVERYTHING in the main room from start to finish was off the hook! Especially Paladin who had just about everybody in awe.
*Amy*
</font>
agreed!

I heard Paladin wore a new suit?? did anybody see it? better yet... anybody get a picture?? I heard it had a projection unit or something.......

pet

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
Ok, here it is after several hours of massage therapy to cure my whip lash from the night...and several more forty's and blunts to get into the internet mood ( or anything mood for that matter )..HEAR IS MY REVIEW !! ANd this by the way is the final word !!

First and formost I want to say a very special NO thanks to all the people who didn't help with the party.
1- Toronto police for completely @#%$ up our entire weekend for busting Preacher and I all weekend. If it was one thing it was another.
2- The fat stupid bitch at JP's TOWING downtown that wouldn't give us back our truck so we cold set up for tis party...
3- GEORGE at PALAIS ROYALE...You are the biggest @#%$ up I ever met dude...That cancelling the second line-up thing was really bad and I think that everyone who got stuck in that line-up needs to personally kick you in the ass...DEFINATELY NOT COOL...I WILL NEVER DO AN EVENT WITH YOU AGAIN..
4- Any dj's who bitched..whether it was about the room you were playing in or whether it was how many more records you have than the guy playing in the main room...I don't want to hear it ever again...We did the best we could with the venue we had...

Anyways, now that that is over...

The first set I heard was BEAKER...sick hard house !!
Next it was BRAINFAIL...the techno stuff was a shocker but not nearly as much as the speed gabber death core...very cool. BOMBTRACK was rockin' some very good trance early on as well...DECEPTICON...always very skilled and pleasing..ENGINE..heard him play a few times, that was great dude...Nice techno man ! D-LERIOUS and CASPER..wicked jungle. MISS MONEY PENNY...a bit harder but definately one of the best sets I have ever heard from her...J. MARSHALL, always a pleasure to hear this guy spin and this was no exception...ANDROID...Definately one of the best sets of the night...talk about hard and funky. PAUZE..Only heard a few minutes but what I heard was good...but maybe it was the Colt 45 I was chugging to the set. I missed almost all the booty except OYSTRIXXX...There were definately 3 X's in that set dude...SUADE..Definately one of the best techno sets I have ever heard at a Nightmare party...Very energizing but a bit quiet...stupid Carlos...PALADIN...what can I say...set of the night for sure...I'm still scared...don't forget to give me that halloween track...MISS INNOCENT...definately impressed the people of toronto on her first tripppp. I had a wicked time hangin' with you and teachin' you how to use Vestax at the after party was fun too...HAHAHA See you on Wednesday....D-MINUS..Hahahaha I love the cheese man...It was wicked hangin' with you earlier too...VOYTECK and OTIS...Very good trance ( not wimpy ) and the Nightmare song at the end was perfect...You guys are the @#%$ !!!
Anyways, I know I forgot many dj's but I honestly don't remember much of anything about this party...so much chaos and so little time.

Big thanks to all the people that said hi...Musical Rush...Happy Hullabaloo, Atomic...nice meeting you face to face, you're very interesting, Edlyn...you sexy bitch, where's my weed ?, Ronny from Pembroke...wtf ?, The NY peeps...The Pittsburgh peeps...The sudbury crew...You guys rock !!, All the sexy bitches incl. : My one and only Erin, The two lesbian blondes...Jenny, Jen, Jen and Jen, Mandy, Constance, All the school girls and @#%$ cats...and Sean from Email who won the topless girls contest with a monkey suit...HAHAHAHAHA
Everyone else I chilled with all night and all the people who had FUN..cause that's what this party was really all about !!

Now for everyone who didn't have fun because of the line up I assure you that it pissed me off just as much...I'm sorry it happened but grow up...@#%$ happens and stuff like that happens at every big party...come prepared...

Overall I think this was one of the best party's we have ever thrown and to Chris and Toys...we finally did it...You know what I mean..
PEACE
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE ( crackheads )

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Arrrrrriving to this event at 5:15 am, I was amazed to see how many cars were still there.. and as I walked inside my amazement focused on the amount of people still slamming away and having a good ol time..
It made up for some stress I had during the initial part of my night..

I met up with my partner in crime at da booth and as we started, you (the crowd) ate up all the hard shit we threw at you so we silently decided to keep it hard, yet halloweenish. Thanx to all those who danced right till the end..

Thanx to my boy Voytek, who even without the exchanging of words got into a wavelength
harmonic to mine, and made everything flow proper.

Thanx to the Nightmare crew, who despite the bullsheeeit that arose earlier (you guys should be wired with mics next time) managed to throw a kickass party that amazed many.
Kudos to ya.

I personally want to give extra special sarcastic thanx to the punters that thought the warm hum & glow of the monitor amps presented an ideal place to scratch whatever itch they had, initially turning the monitors off, then managing to crank them to full, effectivly destroying my hearing so much so that the buzz and soreness even at this moment still makes it hard to hear out of my left ear. Next time please be more cautious.. nothing's worth permanent hearing loss.

Happy birthday Ron!

-OTIS

AT-AT

TRIBE Member
Yeah, this party was fraggin' wickeed! I too could not believe the amount of people still slamming hard by the end of the event. Even without the monitors or with an overabundance of monitors, me and Otai managed to keep you guys going, but I think that in the end we had little to do with it. My theory is that this was one of the most intense vibes this year, and we simply carried the momentum over till the very last... Wouldn't happen if there wasn't a hall full of willing dancers! Thank you all for the maximum response and to Otis for providing me with a yet another truly enjoyable tagteam spinning experience! See ya at Insanity! Fo'reel...

ps. Miss Innocent likes her Tracid Trax! And she rocks!
pps. Evil Prevails!

AT-AT

TRIBE Member
Even more ps. Thanks to Christian for the 'ook up! It is much appreciated brother! Bring on more DARKNESS! It's
2B

Saira

TRIBE Member
I forgot to mention earlier that it was funny that my friends got kicked out for smoking a dube and yet the securtiy guy at the entrance of the 19+ area wasn't checking
any ids. Myself and none of my friends got
carded, not that that matters cause we are all of age. But i stood back and watched as people went in and out of that area and never got carded.