• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nicoderm patches

deep

TRIBE Member
32 fucking bucks for just a week's worth? So much for quitting smoking to save money

Although these things do have more of a buzz than cigarettes

"I think I have some space left on my butt" - Krusty

deep

TRIBE Member
Yeah, it's not really a big deal. I don't crave cigarettes if I don't have them. It's just that if I stop my eating habits become pretty ravenous, so I thought I'd try this out instead of having to expend willpower.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

labRat

TRIBE Member
what if you chew on them, or make tea out of them - does that make for a better buzz?

and $32 for a week, if you're a pack-a-dayer then that will save you money. and can't you get that covered under your parents plan?

--craig

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I'm totally getting the patch again.

It does work, I just cant afford it every frikin week.

I use the #2 patch, my friend told me to get #1 and cut them in half... dont know if this is a good idea.

-Nick

RhettD

TRIBE Member
I don't know, when I tried quitting, I tried nicorette, nicoderm, but nothing worked, it just kept me addicted... I finally just got pissed off, and quit cold turkey. The first week was a bitch, but after that, the satisfaction of knowing I was quitting without any aids far outweighed the negatives.

I've been nonsmoking for a year now!

on a side note, I remember the buzz from nicorette being quite pleasant :)

deep

TRIBE Member
I'm just using this shit for a week to get off the habit of having a smoke every couple hours and to not pork out

After that it's clear sailing

although I will still smoke when I'm out or drinking

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *labRat*
what if you chew on them, or make tea out of them - does that make for a better buzz?

and $32 for a week, if you're a pack-a-dayer then that will save you money. and can't you get that covered under your parents plan?

--craig
nicoderm has nicotine suspended in a transport system to make it soluble through the skin. this is fairly tricky to do and to extract out the nicotine would probably be an involved process.

I'm not a pack a dayer, usually one every three days or so. I'm not sure if this shit can be written off on health insurance, but I don't plan on using it past this week.

It is funnnnnnn though

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
One of the funniest things I've seen lately is my buddy Liam trying to quit smoking. He's so inconsistant though that he ends up screwing himself up.

One evening we're drinking pints all night long and he runs out of cigarettes. So he goes into his bag, pulls out the Nicoderm and says "I'm going to try and quit smoking, I may as well start now." I'm like "is that healthy? You've smoked half a pack this evening, you still have one in your mouth."

"Yeah yeah," he says.

An hour later the guy is totally incoherant. He can't speak and he can barely walk. I have to prop him up while I call a cab. Hilarious!

:)

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
Everyone i know who went on the patch relapsed. And tried to smoke while on it, leading to nausea. 32 bucks a week? Sheesh, that's steep - I'd rather try hypnosis.........what is the point of trying to quit, then putting more nicotine into your body? If you're getting a buzz, you're on the wrong strength.

Cold turkey = only thing to do. And I can't do it.......

Have you tried a personal cut-down regime? Sort of like that thing that was big a few years ago on infomercials. A contraption you carry around beeps when its time to light up. Week after week it decreases in amount, until you are weaned of the weed.

Start off with the amount you smoke now. Then, cut it down by x amount of smokes a day, little by little, until now you are a light smoker. Then, cold turkey or Nicorette should help you get the rest.

I'm sort of doing this now, though mine has been very protracted. I used to be a pack a day, from morning till bed. Then, 2 years ago I cut out all pre-lunch smokes - had my first one at 1 pm. Then, 4 months ago I cut out smoking during the day entirely. Now my first smoke is either after my dinner or 6 pm, whichever comes first. Then a couple more, about 3 or 4 a night. Still smoke a little more on weekends, when the booze is around.

Doesn't sound like much of a quit, but they say the monoxide levels in your blood drop after 8 hours, and I'm going around 16 hours each day with no smoke. So it can't hurt. I mean, they say eeverything in moderation, right? So if one smokes 3 a day during the week, which I smoke now, then its gotta be a lot better than a pack. My philosophy is that its giving your lungs a break. I personally believe that its constant smoking that leads to the most health problems, because you aren't giving your body a chance to recuperate ever from the evil weed. Also, taking twice as much Vitamin C as a non-smoker apparently reduces health risks.

Everything has a study out, I just can't believe there isn't a study called "If You Smoke, At Least Follow These Guidelines - Moderation is the Key". Nope, they're all "All Smoking Kills" "Second-hand smoking Kills" etc.

Course I'm trying to justify not quitting altogether, but I'm still not entirely convinced smoking doesn't look cool..........;):D

:)d

deep

TRIBE Member
although you do have zero desire to have a cigarette, which is probably the most important thing.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by breakz_btch
thankgod for non-smokers!!!!!!!!!!!! copy cats all wanting to be like us! :D

*jen*
Yeah I remember back in the day when the non-smokers were all underground.

Then these newbies came in and ruined the scene for everyone.

*glares at deep*

Pete

labRat

TRIBE Member
[homer]mmmmm.... dinner.....[/homer]

i currently have two a day - one after work and one before bed. on weekends i may have more, but i don't bring smokes when i'm out since i don't like the gross feeling i get sometimes. one after drinking is almost always a neccessity.

--craig

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella
just don't wear the patch to bed! you'll have the strangest, most involved dreams EVER.
uh ... wouldn't that be a reason TO wear the patch to bed?

tella

TRIBE Member
not if you plan on waking up the next morning. i was late to work three times throughout the two weeks i was on the patch.

jah

TRIBE Member
I've been on the patch for 8 days know and just switched to the 14mg. The 21 gave me some fawked up dreams! Sleeping has been rather difficult... seem to wake up every hour on the hour.

I gotta agree with Deep, they do give you a weird buzz!

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
What ever you do, dont go on Zyban.

That stuff can kill you.

I know... I used it.

-Nick

Zyban is great I quit using Zyban back in December. I have only had a couple of smokes since but it was at "raves" when I was very high!!!!

The patch is much more dangerous.If you smoke using the patch you very easily die. We had to rush my dad to the hospital once when he smoked while on the patch.

What happened to you Nick?

Like all drugs, Zyban has side affects!

I had only mild side affects.ie:trouble sleeping(like speed)

Last edited: