• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Nick Nonsense appreciation thread

ethnik

TRIBE Member
respect

all hail the halifax tech house master!

when is someone going to bring his ass to toronto?!

an great guy, and amazing, upfront dj who provides nothing but the very best in cutting edge, south london tech house vibes, and on top of that, an INSANELY talented producer!

i got the chance to peep his productions a couple of weeks ago, and let me just say that this man is without a doubt one of canada's hidden gems!

a name to be on the look out for indeed!

his production stuff is without a doubt among the very best i have ever heard. it is better than 90% of the crap that is floating around out there today.

mike ---- hoping hi boy nick gets some toronto gigs to show the masses what proper tech house is

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
agreed.

i was living in halifax when i first got started on turntables and nick definitely got me started on the right foot. he'd always have some crazy records at his store (revolution records i think its called) and really helped me find quality labels and producers in my formative years. and of course, hearing his early morning tech sets at the playhouse was always a treat. he is total quality and a really nice guy too.

sam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sentence
agreed.

i was living in halifax when i first got started on turntables and nick definitely got me started on the right foot. he'd always have some crazy records at his store (revolution records i think its called) and really helped me find quality labels and producers in my formative years. and of course, hearing his early morning tech sets at the playhouse was always a treat. he is total quality and a really nice guy too.

You were probably in Halifax during the few times that I went down several years back. I know Nick quite well and I agree, he's got solid skills. Also a big fan of Michel Deveau who is another solid dj from Halifax...more on the deep house tip and a really good programmer.

I was down there for some of the first lager scale jams...my friends threw the GoodVibeCollective parties....dj Kerouac, PJ Swim, and Murray.
Those were some fun times :)

Cheers,
sam

ethnik

TRIBE Member
www.revolutionrecords.com

site will be up and running shortly, for now it is only an intro page.

for all you dj's out there who are into that whole Fabric/craig richards/terry francis/daniel poli south london tech house vibe (smackers that would be you ;) ), i suggest you give nick a call and start doing some shopping on up in his joint!

crazy records my freinds, crazy records!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders