• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nice neckties + cheap price = what i need

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
I'm looking for decent looking ties for a decent price.

Other than Winners are there any suggestions?

I'm trying to match a tie with a shirt that is:
solid-burgundy.jpg

&

dark%20grey.jpg

Thoughts?

Thnx

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Galactic Phantom said:
I'm looking for decent looking ties for a decent price.

Other than Winners are there any suggestions?

I'm trying to match a tie with a shirt that is:
solid-burgundy.jpg

&

dark%20grey.jpg

Thoughts?

Thnx

There is this massive dollar store in the little shopping mall across from 7 west at charles & yonge. they have cheap ties that look good - probably for a dollar. they have oogles of other stuff too. i almost bought a monkey hand puppet there yesterday.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
a white tie would go with that colour combination, and be fairly original, since nobody ever wears white ties (except regis i think)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
With that brown, why not try a brown on brown? Like a matte brown with a sheeny brown tie.

Holt Renfrew Last Call had some nice ones.
And Zara ties are alright. Don't know how long they last.

Really, Winners is the way to go for ties that are designer quality but won't fuck up.

With the brown, something with a slightly lighter brown with red stripes would be nice. Or to punch it up, you can get a slight white in the tie too. I think that's a really difficult brown to work with as it's almost maroon.

With the grey, two-toned pairings are nice a la Regis Philbin. I would avoid a black or anything too light. It would have to be a pure hue (so a colour that isn't muted or shaded)..

With grey, you'll want a lighter grey tie in a sheen.

I just bought a Givenchy tie and I love it. Yay!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Sinister Shadow said:
Bunch of Ties on sale at the Bay right now. All their brand names are 30% off I think. Some acceptable ties in the bunch.

that sale is always on. I stocked up on some great ties about 3 months ago. mostly DKNY and Perry Ellis. all nice, all cheap.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
SJN said:
ties that cost a dollar invariably look like they cost a dollar

H&M ties are alright. Good pure hues.

Keith, check Courage My Love in Kensington. Huge vintage tie collections. I found Diors, Japanese designers.. And they usually have really interesting embroidery and prints.. Stuff that's really clean but it will have a small fly or scorpion on the bottom or something.. And ties are like $5 there.

I bought some neat black ones there that are straight outta Saville Row.. Sleek and thin..

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
just wanted to mention Harry Rosen is having their annual shirt and tie sale at the First CDN location

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
h&m would have a large variety of solid coloured ties.
i definitely have gotten some good ones at winners before too.
grreat stuff on queen west might be a good bet, though not as cheap as the other 2.

p.s. i realize that i am not a man but i really love shopping for ties.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
p.s. i realize that i am not a man but i really love shopping for ties.

ha ha ha, me too!

all the best ones i've gotten kevin have been from Winners and H&M

:)sarah