• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Niagara Falls Recommendations.....

Persephone

TRIBE Member
TECHno addict said:
i plan on taking my gf to the falls, her birthday weekend (in april).... what are the best hotels to consider?
Check out the bed and breakfasts in the area. They have so much more character, and some are pretty romantic. Sorry, I don't know any names. I've never really stayed at one, since I grew up in the area.
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Based on my experience, and if you don't mind shelling out the money, I'd strongly suggest going for the best...the Niagara Fallsview Casino & Resort. By far the best, and try to get a room with a view of the Canadian side of the Falls, which is the best of any hotel in the area.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Alita

TRIBE Member
I stayed at the top floor – presidential suite – at the Embassy Suites in Niagara in January this year. The view was spectacular, especially at sunset and sunrise ... seeing the falls from high up is really something else. The decor of the hotel was initially a little "loud", and I wasn't sure if I would be too impressed with the place...but the suite was much nicer, and very big. There is also a Keg downstairs which has a decent view of the falls.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Er...I'd consider the above advice Jeff.

I can think of more romantic places to go than Niagara Falls. The view may be spectacular from one of the fallside hotels, the hot tub might be big, but when you step outside the hotel, it's nothing but tacky. Especially in the winter time....the weather can be discouraging.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

octo

TRIBE Member
Alita said:
I stayed at the top floor – presidential suite – at the Embassy Suites in Niagara in January this year. The view was spectacular, especially at sunset and sunrise ... seeing the falls from high up is really something else. The decor of the hotel was initially a little "loud", and I wasn't sure if I would be too impressed with the place...but the suite was much nicer, and very big. There is also a Keg downstairs which has a decent view of the falls.
i stayed at the Embassy Suites in January too. beside the Fallsview Casino
My g/f got us a package that included a room that overlooked the falls from the 34th floor. The bed was two kingsized beds put together. 10+pillows. there was also a 2 person jacuzzi from which you could look out the window.
we also got $20 worth of casino chips and $45 towards dinner at their Keg which is on the 9th floor and overlooks the falls. it also included all you can eat breakfast. omlettes made to order. there was also an invite to a manager's reception (which we didn't make it to) that included a couple of drinks.

check out the Copacabana brazilian bbq restaurant. so much meat!!
 

TRO

TRIBE Member
I just booked a trip for this sunday for me and my girlfriend to go for our 2 year anniversery

we are booked at the embassy suites. it looks spectacular I'll respond to this thread to let you know when I get back...
 

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I can think of more romantic places to go than Niagara Falls. The view may be spectacular from one of the fallside hotels, the hot tub might be big, but when you step outside the hotel, it's nothing but tacky. Especially in the winter time....the weather can be discouraging.
Yeah, and nothing impresses a woman more than:

"Come on baby, why travel to Niagara Falls when I've got yer natural wonder of the world RIGHT DOWN HERE!"
 

JAR

TRIBE Member
I have to agree with Skipper, Niagara Falls is pretty fucking tacky and ghetto. My Dad lives in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which IMO is much more romantic than the Falls. I'd suggest staying at a B&B in NOTL, where you can do winery tours, eat at nice (not Casey's on Clifton Hill) romantic restaurants, etc, and travel into the Falls to see the actual falls and gamble if you want...it's only a 20 min drive away.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
TRO said:
I just booked a trip for this sunday for me and my girlfriend to go for our 2 year anniversery

we are booked at the embassy suites. it looks spectacular I'll respond to this thread to let you know when I get back...
Awesome.

Look forward to hearing about it.

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay and did you get a package deal?
 

TRO

TRIBE Member
we were looking at those package deals but they don't really offer anything to much...the room was going to be 155 which offered in addition to whats listed below...a 45 doller voucher to eat at thier resturants...

basically we got the room for 125 cdn before tax (which is about 143 a night) and it comes with:

"This spacious two room suite features 1 king bed, and a large 2 person Whirlpool. The second room is a living room with a sofa bed and dining area. Overlooks the famous Horseshoe Falls. Includes complimentary buffet breakfast with cooked-to-order omelette station and evening manager’s reception. Located on floors 10 through 15. Enjoy the "suite" view of the Falls right outside your window! This suite sleeps 5 people comfortably"


when I booked it I requested that the room is as high as it can be..so we'll see

it's accross the street from the fallsview casino so it looks ideal...I'll let you know more when I come back on tuesday
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
well from my experience last weekend at the falls, I recommend not staying out until 4:00 drinking on a work night and then challenging drunk people on the street to thumbwrestling.
 

tella

TRIBE Member
technowelt said:
my recommendation: don't go.
i'm with you on this one!

one of the most romantic places i have been to (which is also reasonably close by if you have a car) is right here:

http://www.rosscountryretreat.com/

very affordable, the property is beautiful and the woman that owns it is a fantastic cook (her breakfasts were out of this world and she always had snacks out which were delicious).
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top