• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

NHL: Vancouver vs Minnesota - 6-0 ?

abstatic

TRIBE Member
Wtf!! Did anyone see this game?? Van was 0-33?? Was Vancouver playing crappy... or is the Wild a good team?

I didn't see it, but I wish I could have after seeing the score/stats.

Anyway, if anyone saw it and doesn't mind spending 30 seconds for a proper recap... I'd appreciate it. I read the write-up on NHL.com, but it kind of sucks.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Vancouver was 0-8 on the powerplay.

I watched the 3rd period. They got pumped. Some guy on Minnesota scored from behind the net. Bouchard scored on a penalty shot after getting tripped on a breakaway during a powerplay.

Conclusion: Cloutier sucks balls. They should go with Auld in net.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
minnesota also went 2 for 5 on the powerplay.
dont blame this game on Vancouvers goaltending.
the whole team looked asleep.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
While it is true that you don't win any games when the opposing goaltender gets a shutout, 3 goals through the wickets is unacceptable from an NHL goaltender.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sleepy Giant
While it is true that you don't win any games when the opposing goaltender gets a shutout, 3 goals through the wickets is unacceptable from an NHL goaltender.
so...winning 4-3 means the winning teams goalie played shit ?
check out some of the talented players in the NHL, and in some games, the goalie is LUCKY to only let in 3.
with a powerplay ( or 2 man advantage ) its even worse for the goalie.
theres 6 guys on the ice for each team.
and with the new rule changes, and smaller goalie equipment, the
odds are heavily stacked against the goalies more than ever now.
look how many goals have been scored already.
MORE than last year.
MORE than any year, so far.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
so...winning 4-3 means the winning teams goalie played shit ?
check out some of the talented players in the NHL, and in some games, the goalie is LUCKY to only let in 3.
with a powerplay ( or 2 man advantage ) its even worse for the goalie.
theres 6 guys on the ice for each team.
and with the new rule changes, and smaller goalie equipment, the
odds are heavily stacked against the goalies more than ever now.
look how many goals have been scored already.
MORE than last year.
MORE than any year, so far.
did you watch the game?

dabeats

TRIBE Member
have to watch out for these speedy teams now in the new nhl...they showed a stat last night of the quickest teams in the league and minnesota, nashville were in the top five and the senaturds were first.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sleepy Giant
did you watch the game?
intermittantly, yes, the 2nd and 3rd periods.
the scoresheet tells the whole story.
sad game for vancouver, altho i would have bet on Minnesota anyways.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by abstatic
or is the Wild a good team?
bingo.

this year is full of surprises and the newer teams like the wils have cught everyone by surprise...looks for nice runs from talanta and the preds too

sullivan and kariya will dominate this year!

also loving this trend of the injured marquee goalie...making some young prospects rise to the occasion:)

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: NHL: Vancouver vs Minnesota - 6-0 ?

Originally posted by terrawrist III
bingo.

this year is full of surprises and the newer teams like the wils have cught everyone by surprise...looks for nice runs from talanta and the preds too

sullivan and kariya will dominate this year!

also loving this trend of the injured marquee goalie...making some young prospects rise to the occasion:)
I think the bigger trend injury is the groin this year.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by dabeats
have to watch out for these speedy teams now in the new nhl...they showed a stat last night of the quickest teams in the league and minnesota, nashville were in the top five and the senaturds were first.
that stat was bunk though, it was Pierre Maguire's Top 5 Speediest Teams, it wasn't based on any stats.

SJN

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: NHL: Vancouver vs Minnesota - 6-0 ?

Originally posted by terrawrist III
bingo.

Atlanta is a good team, but their great start has been helped by two games against Washington. They're a playoff team if Lehtonen comes back, but not much more.