• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

NHL 2017 2018 thread

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I would take Tavares in a heartbeat outside Matthews he'd be our best player and give us 2 legit #1C's.
You could trade one or two of Marner, Nylander, Kap for a top 4 Dman and you'd still be sitting pretty, although you'd become CHI and develop their cap merry go round of moving out role players annually.

I think the leafs could get Tavares for under $10mil/yr which they could make work. most of their assets are locked in to team friendly contracts outside of the rookies

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I would take Tavares in a heartbeat outside Matthews he'd be our best player and give us 2 legit #1C's.
You could trade one or two of Marner, Nylander, Kap for a top 4 Dman and you'd still be sitting pretty, although you'd become CHI and develop their cap merry go round of moving out role players annually.

I think the leafs could get Tavares for under $10mil/yr which they could make work. most of their assets are locked in to team friendly contracts outside of the rookies
and blow the cap out of the water. yeah, sounds like what old management would have done. tavares i think is overrated, no way he is worth 10 mil. they have gone nowhere with him

kyfe

TRIBE Member
and blow the cap out of the water. yeah, sounds like what old management would have done. tavares i think is overrated, no way he is worth 10 mil. they have gone nowhere with him
6,1 220lbs 27 next year and a PPG(almost) player every year on NYI?
how can you say over-rated? This isn't Neon Dion

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
6,1 220lbs 27 next year and a PPG(almost) player every year on NYI?
how can you say over-rated? This isn't Neon Dion
i just dont think he would fit on the leafs for what it would cost to sign him. stay the course and dont try to speed up the plan. this is mathews team, end of story.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I'm all for Tavares if he goes UFA. Just not worth trading to get him.
Same. This is different than the Stamkos' situation, I think Tavares is better than Stamkos. It wouldn't mess up the cap. Worst thing that'll happen is you have to trade Marner or Nylander for other assets. Not the end of the world. Matthews and Taveres down the middle one two punch would be sick.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
It bothers me that everyone seems to be generally ready to take important ice time experience and cap space away from this amazing core.

Just be patient. Enjoy yourselves, bitches

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Cap wouldn't be an issue with Thornton as he's looking for a 3 year deal. He wouldn't be taking ice time away from the core, unless you consider Bozak or Kadri the core that needs experience. Babcock did a pretty good job allowing the kids to gain experience last season there's no reason that would change.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
They don't need to do anything but they have an unique two year window to do something. Nylander up for a raise next season, Marner + Matthews the year after that. If they can find an impact player for 2-3 years it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a run at the cup. I am not talking about mortgaging the future by trading prospects or draft picks. If you think about it when the kids are getting paid it would actually be harder to add player then.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
it would only be through trade unless you think radulov or radim vrbata are worth the time. joe thorton...lol
there isnt any good free agents and the ones who are out there are gonna get overpaid..no thanks

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Don't need to sign or trade shit now, look for compliments from teams selling at the deadline and go from there. Lots of ice time for the kids between opening night and the deadline.

You gots ta chill

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit