• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

NHL 2017 2018 thread

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Good trade for the Lightnings. They solve their expansion draft and cap problems and got a good prospect back. Druin will help Montreal immediately but Sergachev was their ONLY decent prospect. I am not sure Druin is what the Habs need.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
they should have traded anyone they could and blown it up real good. only taking back picks for next years draft. drouin does not fit their needs and will be just like kessel and you dont win a cup building a team around a winger

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
he is also 35 so i dont see why they gave up so much
i expected more trades before the 3pm deadline, but i guess a lot are waiting on the expansion draft and all the side deals to settle before other teams start trading with each other

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
no one any team doesnt want to get picked will get picked if they pony up the right draft picks. the knights could be really good in 5 or 6 years. they are gonna need to be as vegas is so completely not an nhl city and once the raiders get there say hello to an empty building

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
He's 40 and had 6 goals last season what is wrong with letting him go? I understand he's the face of the franchise but at what point do you part ways? He doesn't contribute as a player anymore you can't continue to give him a contract just because he wants to play. I don't think he'll find another team that will take him for what he brings.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Doan got treated like a fucking punk by the Coyotes. i hope he wins the Cup next year.
what would you have them do? if he was going to retire they offered him a front office position. he wants to play, they dont want him.
he would just be taking up cap space and a position and he is done like dinner.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
NHL have jumped the shark. Hossa is being put on LTIR aka retire because he's allergic to his equipment. True store, Elliot Friedman reported it.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Guy I played with as kid developed that. Would only erupt around the cuffs of his wrist and under his chin. Weird shit.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
lots of ppl have small allergies that get worse as they get older. drugs will only keep it at bay for awhile before the drug starts losing its effectiveness

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Yeah but how convenient Hossa's got one of those cap circumvention contracts and this coming season just happens to be the first year where he'll only be paid $1 mil.