1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Nhl 2010-2011 season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zorro, May 25, 2010.

1. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

First big news :

Stevie Y is going to be announced as new GM of the Lightning.

Interesting to see how Lecav, situation pans out, I've read articles about
    Yezermans lack of interest in him as a hockey player.

2. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

What about liking him as a grass cutter?

3. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

So does Y in Tampa mean the new owner'll allow him to spend to the cap?

Vinny's done with the Bolts if Y can find a taker for that salary.

4. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]L994F4THaBg[/YOUTUBE]

5. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

6. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

New Jersey names their AHL coach and all time goal scoring leader John MacLean their new head coach.

7. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Halak traded to the Blues.

8. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

I didn't know JFJ Jr. is the Canadians GM!

9. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

St lous made out like champs

10. Bernnie Federko

Habs sold high. Nothing wrong with that. Only thing is, they ain't got a goalie now.

11. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Did the Blues sign him to a contract?

12. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Does anyone think CHI is going to unload Huet & Sharp as a package deal or just buy Huet out?

13. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

14. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

you don't think there was a better deal out there? lots of teams are looking to upgrade in goal and suprised they didn't ask for perron or someone off the roster instead of prospects

15. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Eller is a stud prospect, but the horrible aspect of this trade is how behind the 8ball is Price now.

Way to set him up for success. At least MTL management is consistent.

16. Bernnie Federko

Eller's an excellent prospect, Kyfe. And, Welcome to the Salary Cap reality this league is in now.

And again, now what're they gonna do with Price? He's gonna have to lay off the hooch, start walking the walk to back up all his talk. Maybe start seeing a sports psychologist...

Man, MTL is eff'd. They're gonna overpay Plekanec next, I reckon. He and Gomez are gonna be pariahs if this squad makes it back to the post season and they play like chumps again.

17. Bernnie Federko

turco and nabokov are both out there. you suggesting the habs had suitors offering more? Look how far Philly went without a number 1 between the pipes.

18. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Before the trade the teams in the G market were only a handful.

STL, PHI, ATL, SJ the only ones without a starter with TB and EDM perhaps looking for more solid help.

There also are 19 UFA goaltenders with Nabby, C Mason, Turco, and Theodore the cream of a pretty horrible crop.

The return looks better if they had dealt Price for kids, but like Bernie said...it's a cap world and I bet Halak wanted $4mil plus annually from the Habs while Price will garner a deal similar to Lehtonen's $3.5mil that Dallas gave him as a RFA.

19. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I don't deny he's a good prospect and he's supposed to be NHL ready this season so I get it but I really thought they would have tried to replace Plek and then let him walk.

I heard Philly made a good offer for Price, no idea what it was but given how Price has played and even in relief during the playoffs I thought they would have traded him instead. He appears to have more value because other mgrs like his potential upside.

Do the habs any big U/RFA's coming up next year that they need cap room for?

is Halak Lalime 2.0??

20. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I actually think Turco would be a good fit for Philly? sure he's on his downswing but he has a few good years left

21. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

I would sign Dan Ellis before Marty Turco.

Not that I think Ellis is that great, but Turco is borderline useless.

Although I think Chris Mason would do well in Philly.

22. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Nashville trades rights for Hamuis and conditional pick to Philly for Ryan Parent. Can Philly even afford to sign Hamuis? Don't they have loads of cap problem already?

23. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Parent is an RFA.

I doubt they could sign him for less that Hamuis' deal.

24. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

No way Parent signs for anywhere close to what Hamuis will be getting.

Another trade: Arnott to Devils for Matt Halischuk, and 2011 2nd round pick.

25. Bernnie Federko

hahahahaah... pfffffffffffft

This just in. Alexander Semin has heard that the Flyers are talking to the Devils about Claude Giroux and James Van Riemsdyk for Martin Brodeur.

How Slats can dump Brashear - NYPOST.com

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010