• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nfl04*playoff*thread

kuba

TRIBE Member
Saturday, Jan. 3
Tennessee at Baltimore, 4:30 pm (ABC)
Dallas at Carolina, 8:00 pm (ABC) Sunday, Jan. 4
Seattle at Green Bay, 1:00 pm (FOX)
Denver at Indianapolis, 4:30 pm (CBS)

my picks

tennessee
carolina
greenbay
denver

(im pissed that the tenn/balt game is in balt, but what can you do)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by basic
Baltimore
Dallas
GB
Indy
Werd Bro. Can't wait for the Ravens game. It's gonna be the Ray Ray and JLew show (it will be interesting to see how many yards JLew gets as Tennessee has the best run D)

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by qtip

tennessee
carolina
greenbay
denver

(im pissed that the tenn/balt game is in balt, but what can you do)
My picks exactly. Even though Baltimore is at home, you just can't bet against McNair. The guy is just clutch. Also, other than J Lewis and Heap, who the hell do the Ravens have to go to on O? I just don't see them winning this one.

Dallas is definitely a suprise this year with Parcels leading this mediocre team to the playoffs but it's time for a the solid Carolina D to step up and win as we all know, D wins playoff games.

GB is just destined this year. Despite losing for the first time in Lambeau in the playoffs last year, I think they will dominate the Seahawks as they aren't a strong road team.

If Indy couldn't stop Griffin and Anderson a few weeks ago, what makes you think they can stop Portis? Also, Manning's inability to win a playoff game frightens me. What makes this year any different than the past? Absolutely nothing.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Nice. I wish I had somewhere to go and watch the game. As it is, I'm stuck at home with the cats and some beer. Guess it could be worse.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
this year might feature some crazy sub plots

it could be a rematch of tenn vs st louis

it could be chiefs (vermeil) vs rams

or chiefs vs the other team he had a SB victory with, the eagles (in 80 or something. hey- i was three at the time..)

it could be ne vs st louis

eddie george! Can you believe this guy!! separated shoulder, 73 yards so far. incredible. Ray WHO??

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I can't believe how much trash Lewis talks. Play the game and let the chips fall where they may.
And George just got in Lewis' face. Nice.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Ray Lewis MIGHT be the best football player to ever play the game. I'd say he has every right to talk trash. He is in on every play within 10 yards from scrimmage. he tackles harder than any player Ive ever seen, on a consistent basis. And , unfortunately, trash talk is now a huge part of the NFL.

Eddie George is playing like the Eddie of old though, and he might have the last laugh. Up by seven is nothing, but this tennessee defence is stellar. I dont remember them being this good in their previous Super Bowl run.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I'm an old school guy and I don't like trash talk, in any sport. Let the talent speak for itself. And you're right. Lewis is awesome. Unfortunately, he has a big mouth and I think that takes away from a lot of what he has accomplished.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kuba

TRIBE Member
all this bullshit about billick and his "master plan" ending in houston means squat.

if this is how the nfl playoffs will be played, then screw any obligations and responsiblities. its all about sitting on my ass and watching football.

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennyboy: I agree about what you said. When a player makes a tackle, he should walk back to his starting spot and play on, and not celebrate like he just scored a TD or soething.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I stopped watching the NFL for 2 years after Barry retired unexplicably.

Thank god we have peope like Clinton Portis. Score a td, walk to the sideline.

End of story. YOURE DOING YOUR JOB!

I dont want the N to turn into an X in the FL.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I hear ya. For me, it's about the class of a player.

John Riggins
Barry Sanders
Eric Dickerson

Some of the greatest players ever. And no showboat in them. Show up, play, go home.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Fucking Orlando Jones. If it wasn't for his two penalties...the Ravens might be celebrating right now.

Dallas is getting owned by Carolina. 23-3. Hahah Dallas :p

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
I dont want the N to turn into an X in the FL.
I dont think you have to worry about that anytime soon. The 15 yard penalty (most of the time) will keep the taunting/celebrating to a minimum. Personally, i think the game more exciting than ever mostly due to the free agency spreading out the talent making teams more evenly matched.