• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

nfl playoff betting

quantumize

TRIBE Member
last night i was at element and i overheard MANY tribers making bets on the nfl playoffs. some were serious bets and others were just drunken outbursts.

this thread is for making these bets out loud in the prescence of witnesses. also the thread can be used for publicly mockery for the losers of such bets.

my picks, not that anyone cares, are new england [+3] to advance and philly [+7] to advance.

q u a n t u m i z e

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I am in on one of those bets. I got $40 on the Colts for Sunday. If the Patriots don't win by 4...I'm gonna be $40 richer.

(I got a line of New England +3.5)

juice

TRIBE Member
Benny do you care to take some more bets on the Pats? :) Not sure about those lines that Quantimize posted though as they seem a bit high for both games. I will gladly take Carolina at -7.

Special K

TRIBE Member
but if i had to, i'd take the colts on the square (ie. to straight up win on the moneyline which im guessing will be at around +130/140)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
ya you guys have some messed up lines

heres the real lines for this weekend

NE -3 (opened at -3.5) / 46.5 $ line is NE -165 INY + 145

PHI -4 (opened at -5) /36 $ line is PHI -200 CAR + 170

i would take carolina +7 too, whoever posted that can add me for a dime.

Special K

TRIBE Member
ok so here are my bets

colts @ +145 (im thinking if anything that its good VALUE)...that game is a total toss-up though...

carolina @ +4 (kicking myself that I didnt get it at +5)

Zorro

TRIBE Member
The Pats are going to run away with this game.
I'm sorry but this game is starting at 3pm and in Foxboro, where we think it might be cold here wait till Sunday and you get to watch what cold really is. The Pats are accustom to playing in this weather but the Colts being a dome team have got another thing coming. Plus I don't care what anyone says Tom Brady is a leader like no other quarterback in the NFL right now.

Pats over Colts 24 - 16

This is the Year The Eagles make it to the Super bowl.
Carolina will come out strong at first and hold down the Eagles offence for the better part of the first half but that will be all she wrote as the Eagles WILL dominate the second half and blow past Carolina to go all the way to the Superbowl. Unfourtanly for McNabb he is going to meet his Match in Tom Brady as the Pats will finish the season with 15 straight wins.

Eagles over Panthers 34 - 17

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I got another 20 with my boss that the Colts will win. No spread.

Oh for the love...now I'm getting nervous...Manning don't fail me now!

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Sunny is my next work in progress. My roomate and I have trained chubbs on the NFL. Sunny...come over to my place on Sunday for some NFL action. There will be food and good times.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by quantumize
^^

no way i want him to learn about football proper

so I WILL TEACH him
How can you teach him when I already know more. ;) What ya doin Sunday Joe...wanna come watch some football in HD?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rod_g

TRIBE Member
If Indy wins it all, I got $2800 USD comin to me from Vegas

Cha ching.. i <3 pre season Vegas betting

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I made a wager prior to the NHL Season starting with a bookie. If Vancouver wins the cup... I take home $900. (CDN)

I also cracked... and put some money into an account for the NFL games tomorrow. :p

fak.

They had a line of INDY -7.5 paying 4.5 :D dropping $50 on that.

who knows.

RatP

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rod_g
If Indy wins it all, I got $2800 USD comin to me from Vegas

Cha ching.. i <3 pre season Vegas betting
good one, and if indy even gets into the superbowl you can guarantee yourself a win

chances are that indy would then be favoured over either philly or carolina. put a money line bet on the nfc team and sit back and chear for who ever you want, cause you WILL get paid!

i myself have a pick of the eagles that is only paying 7 to 1.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders