• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

newfie fridge?

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
someone sent me an email with this subject heading today and I thought it was going to be another stoopid newfie joke based on stereotypical impressions of newfoundlanders that should really be outdated by now.

but then i took a look at the photo enclosed and realized it's a photo of how someone in Newfoundland, where they've been recently hit by snow snow snow snow and more snow, is creatively adjusting to the situation.

seems like a good idear to me ...

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
we could have done this pretty much any winter when i was growing up in cape breton too. i used to love the days we'd have to climb out a window to get out of the house then go around and dig out the doorways. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
mr tall said:
that is the finest newfie humour since the solar-powered flashlight

i'm not trying to make a newfie joke at all (see original post). i just think that the photo is kinda funny ... or just conjures up fun memories for me, maybe. haha.

thom100

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:

seeing how I'm from the wet coast and they closed our schools down as a kid for 2-3cm of snow ( no exageration) , wtf do you do when you wake up and you are dealing with the above image?!?
And why do people live where this can happen?!?

reminds me of that simpson epispode

The Peej

TRIBE Member
I always have and always will dream of someday experiencing this Calvin and Hobbes-esque cartoonishly huge amount of snowfall accumulation. In PEI lastyear we had one weekend where I had to snowshoe to the main road to scout for snowplows so we could decide if it was worth attempting to go to work. But even then we only had about a foot at the door.

That picture is just awesome!!

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Well the snow is actually accumulated at about 5 feet right now, but today is above 0 so some of it will be melting, thankfully.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
thom100 said:
seeing how I'm from the wet coast and they closed our schools down as a kid for 2-3cm of snow ( no exageration) , wtf do you do when you wake up and you are dealing with the above image?!?
And why do people live where this can happen?!?

reminds me of that simpson epispode

haha - it's fun thom! :)
honestly, you climb out the window and go around and dig out the doors. or - as in my grandparents case - you call someone else to come and dig you out.

besides having the doors snowed in, we used to jump off the barn and the house into huge drifts of snow. just one bonus of living where this can happen. :D

Kiera

TRIBE Member
Im clausterphobic so the thought of being buried inside my house is just too much for me. Im starting to shake at just the thought of it.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Sunshyne Jones said:
someone sent me an email with this subject heading today and I thought it was going to be another stoopid newfie joke based on stereotypical impressions of newfoundlanders that should really be outdated by now.

but then i took a look at the photo enclosed and realized it's a photo of how someone in Newfoundland, where they've been recently hit by snow snow snow snow and more snow, is creatively adjusting to the situation.

seems like a good idear to me ...

Said freezer wouldn't be completely newfie without zip lock bags of baby seal meat.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories