• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Newbie to Midi/Sampling & Keyboards

Moxie

TRIBE Member
I need some direction with Midi/Keyboards and my Software. Please be patient as I am new to all of this, and may come across as very illiterate technically. I recently purchased a YPT-200 Yamaha Keyboard with Midi In/Out that i have connected to my Joystick Port in the back of my sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS). I am running Cubasis VST 4 and Fruity loops and Wave Lab Lite Audio Editing software on my PC. What I am trying to do is load a Wav File on to my Keyboard for manipulation. I have tried the the step by step recording MIDI guide and have spent 2 days surfing the net for some step by step instructions, and I am overwhelmed. How do I get sounds from my computer into my keyboard? If anyone is around to offer some advice i would greatly appreciate it.... do I even have all the required software? A friend of mine mentioned that I need a driver for my keyboard and that I could download it off of the manufacturers website, but I found nothing of the sort at yamaha. Can someone please help?