-become the wonder down under and totally have the time of my life in australia
-become open to the possibility of sweep-you-off-your-feet love
-lose some weight
-do really well at teachers college
-be less beligerent
-be less cynical and sarcastic
-get a bit more studio savy, i'm making good headway so far....
-get my releases out there
-continue to be the best dad and husband i can be
-get that better job that i'm SO close to getting
-i guess i should put the typical lose weight thing here.....but really, i don't care THAT much....but i guess i could go to the gym.
Do the small ladder jump in the Don.
Take 2 bike trips, one to BC in August and the other undecided.
Compete at least 10 times.
Stop doing certain things that I will not mention
Finish my thesis proposal by April.
- Definitely need to drop a few pounds.
- Get back on the ice
- spend more time weighing the larger decisions and plan farther ahead
- continue the research/planning needed for a microfinance plus start-up
- Spain in the spring!
If I go away:
- Finish my divemaster(scuba) certification
- Continue to expand my spanish
If I don't go away:
- Recreational sports
- Join a local dive club
- Buy a kayak for my Mom's place on Simcoe and get up there tons on the weekends.
For the first 4 months of 2009 I'll be attempting to do full time school and full time work so I'm resolving to not fuck that up, which is going to mean:
- get lots of rest on the weekend so I can deal with the demanding week ahead
- don't get trashed on the weekend so I can function on Sundays and Mondays
- stop eating junk food on the weekend because it messes me up for the week
- run before every class
- eat healthier in general so I have more energy to get shit done
- get to more pilates classes
- don't let shit slip at work
For the rest of 2009:
- go out with friends and stop breaking plans.
- get out of the house and be FUN to be around
- run a 10K race
- find a group to hike with
- stay motivated to kick ass at this job, so I can get. the hell. out.
- take another course
- try to stop buying bottled water and using plastic bags
- cut way back on processed foods
- get to the gym or yoga at least twice a week
- become less awful at snowboarding
- read more
- save some money
- actually follow through with a few of the things on this list
#2 - Cancel my current gym membership because I'm not using it at all and its sucking $75/month out of my account that would be better used to supporting my Ice habit, which is also an effective method of weight loss.
i'm against resolutions, but some of the things i plan to do in 2009 are:
-disabuse my landlord of the notion that tenants are akin to small children, just there to be bullied.
-pretend i'm 10 years younger while i backpack across europe.
-continue to go to the gym regularly despite the lack of gratification i get from it.
-continue to pervert the nation by hosting/coordinating/facilitating play parties, gatherings, hook-ups, etc.
-get a book deal. (i say this every year... but my writing group has been talking about organizing sessions to get submissions together too, so maybe with the motiviation of others i can apply myself to the ugly task of selling myself. ugh what a sentence. "allow myself to introduce... myself.")