1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

new wb dc comics game trailer.......

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mrs. Pink, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

i would like to keep this in the general forum instead of the geek forum, or the comic book thread, simply because i would like to know, why wouldnt they make full length comic book feature films in this manner? Its breathtaking animation....gave me goosebumps watching it.

YouTube - DC Universe Online: Who Do You Trust Trailer HD

2. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

HOLY SHIT

that is fucking INSANE !

[jai]

3. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

Shaaaazzzzaaaaaaaaaaaam!

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

nice.

5. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

i have watched like 10 times, i just want more.....so much more.

6. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

at the risk of being too hardcore

Conroy as Batman
    Hamill as Joker
    Daly as Superman

see, this works! thank you

7. Incrimin8

Incrimin8 TRIBE Member

8. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Yeah it's awesome but a trailer game play does not make.

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

damn I was hoping this would be a movie

10. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Yeah I've been geeking out over this trailer since it came out earlier this month. LOVE IT!!! So awesome seeing these heroes/villains get slaughtered.

Lobo

11. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

I could care less about the game, i want a full length movie.

12. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Well yeah, but that's not gonna happen :(

Good quality animated action is regulated to Asian markets onry.

13. glych t.anomaly

GO HERE !!!!!

in game playing demo'd !!!!! and it looks like it might only be PS3 as per the uPn logo.

ZOMFG I WANT THIS GAME !!!

time to buy a PS3.

[jai]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  14. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

ugg that's what I was afraid of. A city of heroes knockoff.

15. glych t.anomaly

ive never played CoH, didnt even know if existed.

hah, i like the look of DCU Online better tbh.

so this will be a Superhero Based MMO, on PS3 platform?

i didnt know there were any MMO's for consoles.

[jai]

16. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Oh yeah hell, Final Fantasy is do to release another MMO this September PC first then PS3 following.

Too bad my PC can't handle the beta :(

17. glych t.anomaly

interesting, after playing 4800 hours of WoW in front of my comp, with three fully geared level 70 toons before WOTLK came out, i just cant bring myself to sit in front of a computer and do that anymore.

playing something like a Console version of an MMO, but that i can sign into, have some fun, and then play something else etc, could be alot of fun.

i wonder if it will cost anything, other than the PS3 Live yearly subscription?

[jai]

18. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

One thing that's bad about this new MMO is that DC Online will also be a paid subscription to the tune of $15/month. That's something new to PS3 owners as we currently do not have to pay to play online unlike the Xbox360 users. That makes this game less enticing. However, I too would love a full length movie like this.....just like those SW: Old Republic trailers.

Lobo

19. glych t.anomaly

isnt it going to cost PS3 users a yearly fee, or monthly starting this fall?

[jai]

20. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

wow...that really is amazing stuff.

21. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

Slick. Will watch this one with interest!

22. glych t.anomaly

A few tidbits of info for the "clone" sayers.

1) Powers cross-interact. You can freeze someone, then have your buddy pick him up and chuck him a mile away with super strength. I'm sure there's plenty of other examples, but that's the only one I know is in there.

2) PvEvP. Good guys have a quest to disarm a bomb while saving civilians. Bad guys have a quest to do something else. There are mobs in there as well fighting both sides, and I believe they can fight each other during these missions as well. Not totally clear on the nuances of it.

3) Much more action-y than either Super MMO. No spamming a power to build your power or auto-attacking while waiting for cooldowns. Some abilities cool down, yes, but for the most part it's a lot more action-packed.

4) They have a system in place kinda similar to CO's Roles, but way way better. In CO your role just tweaked a few stats and was largely useless. +% damage -% HP or whatever. In this, it affects your powers themselves from what I understand. Shift from a tank/dps role where one of your power gives you HP regen to a support role and it becomes a targetable heal. Pulling that example out of my butt, but you get the idea.

5) Super-Speed running along walls. Nuff said.

[jai]

23. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

I think that's for the PS3 Live or something which gives you access to other exclusive stuff. That's outside of what this game will cost you per month.

Lobo

24. Yeah, it hasn't been officially stated yet, but there's lots of speculation that you're going to have to pay $15/month to play the game online, PC or PS3 player.

It better be really fucking good to be worth paying $180.00/year to play.