• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

new version of mozilla firebird out

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Firebird is good I've been using it for a few weeks now. Seems to be the perfect cross between IE and Netscape.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Here are the news in this release of Firefox:

* Windows Installer

Firefox now comes with an installer for Windows. Aside from making the installation process smoother, the installer also solves some common plug-in problems.
* Download Manager

The new streamlined download manager keeps your downloads organized without getting in your way. Select Tools > Downloads or press Ctrl+E to see it or change its behavior.
* New Add Bookmark Dialog

The Add Bookmark dialog has been enhanced and now allows the creation of new bookmark folders.
* Work Offline

It's now possible to view Web pages you've previously visited without being connected to the Internet.
* Better Handling of File Types

Binary files (e.g. .wma and .rar files) served by servers incorrectly sending text/plain should no longer be displayed as garbage in the browser, rather they should be appropriately handled.
* New XPInstall Frontend

The dialog that appears when installing themes and extensions has been redesigned and is easier to use.
* New default theme for MacOS X

The Pinstripe theme integrates better on MacOS X than the Qute theme, used on Windows and Linux.
* Lots of bug fixes and improvements

Disabling of form auto-completion is now working, the address bar now remembers the edited text across tab switching, among many other bug fixes.

labRat

TRIBE Member
i haven't used mozilla in a while. maybe i'll check out the new version. it was always too slow to load up initially.

Safari has been my browser of choice for quite some time.

seeker

TRIBE Member
I upgraded to this earlier today. I don't notice much difference from 0.7, but FireBird/Fox is still the best browser out there right now.

deep

TRIBE Member
just upgraded...installer works fine installing over an existing copy of firebird

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
God I love it. It makes using Windows almost bearable....well, that and cygwin. ;)

When I'm done with shit this week I'm going to transfer all my email stuff to Thunderbird ...

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
When I'm done with shit this week I'm going to transfer all my email stuff to Thunderbird ...

Have you at least given it a test-run? :)

(p.s. I need to get a copy of the firefox installer...the mirrors are still fubarred, is it available anywhere? Your torrent link is dead now)

deep

TRIBE Member
I saw a couple more torrent links on supernova

I've tried the program, I just have to move out the thousands of emails, configure options, etc.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
In the meantime, I'll just keep on talking to myself..

This is an awesome browser! The interface is so clean, and I like all the customizability.

tabbed browsing rules

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
I found that Firefox wouldnt let me play games on Yahoo. Apparantly i had to download something, but I downloaded it and it still didnt work. Any ideas would be welcome because I thought it was a really good program.

matt

deep

TRIBE Member
you probably fucked something up ;)

there's an faq somewhere on how to install stuff like shockwave, flash, java, etc. which you need to do. those installers set up their respective plugins for whatever browsers are necessary...you should be opting for netscape or mozilla installers (firefox is based on mozilla).

koojmak

TRIBE Member
i'm havin' to stick with 0.7 still, found that 0.8 wasn't displaying hor scrollbars, and the save dialog wouldnt' come up... <shrug>....

moz r0x0rz though