• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Set - "CAGED"

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Caged.jpg

Finally a new offering! Dedicated to the life and work of composer John Cage, these beats are a little more rugged than I've put down in the past...what's to say? even the liquid funk crew likes it a little rough now and again...but with that same soulful vibe you can't do without ;)

right-click...save target as

MP3
Tracklist

zoo

TRIBE Member
it's a nice mix, but what about it exactly makes it "dedicated to john cage"?

i'm just curious ...

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Repetition...subtle but constant change...not specifically designed to engage the listener but to cooperate with the space and the other sounds in that space that go into making it a complete work...unpredictable changes that don't specifially happen on the 8's or 16's...programming built on beat structures rather than a traditional "build" from beginning to end...random changes and cuts that are built around "system" of composition...and many of the producers (Calibre, ZT, B2, Nu:Tone) have all cited Cage as being hugely influential on their work...my own pseudo-intellectual pretense :p

Last edited:

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
...all sound as valuable & inherently musical depending on context...fundamentally percussive...rejection of harmony & melody...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
Thanks everyone! I think it's a close draw between this new one and "Brazilian Hot Wax"...apples and oranges though.

Rob...still waiting to see you some Friday ;)

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
^^^don't forget to check out my new radio show on club246.com

Rendez Vous w/ Circe is the best in Brazilian, Liquid Funk, Intelligent, Atmospheric, NuJazz, Broken Beat, Downtempo...all things lounge...it's a mid-afternoon romp with a little bit of class and a little bit of style ;)

"CAGED" was also recently reviewed in the new issue (#107) of Tribe!