• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New Records or Groceries? The choices we have to make !

ladd

TRIBE Member
hey now!!! just cause he doesn't fit into the quirky new age electro 80's pop electric house whatchamacallit sound, doesn't mean he aint good. dont get me wrong, i like all styles and types, but this guy has produced some key tracks!

has anyone listened to his new domino label?

edit: oh and to add to the thread, I recently found Claude Young - seventh city - updating the existing systems at play de vintage :)

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I've listened to anything and everything I can get my hands on that Carola has produced. I would agree that he certainly has his own sound .. but really how far can you take that in techno when each track only has a maximum of ten different sounds (I'd be hard pressed to find ten different sounds in most Carola records .. however on average).

The Domino shit isn't bad, but is pretty much the standard fare that I heard on Memory Lane, and before that on Question and before that on his Fokuz LP.

Nice find Peter .. nice indeed.

odbx

ladd

TRIBE Member
yeah i do agree with you on the production side of things. he definitly has a large number of releases behind him, and most of them sound the same and offer little in terms of imagination (it seems those italians got bored..) however he does have a couple that really stand out, but the past couple of years have been kinda dry.

most notable releases for me was Recoded, Hypnotisamus Reworks, a couple off of the one thousand series, fokus, the first 4 questions and that one track off of neapolis (the orange one). guess thats only a handful in the sea of loopy drums ;)

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Yeah those two remixes off Recoded are some of his best work IMHO, I liked what he was doing way more back then, the tracks didn't have that utter familiarity of most of Marco's later work.

The Question series should have ended at 5, after that the whole Question sound bank sounded completely played out.

Fokuz was really the pinnacle for me. Awesome work there. The 2xLP Fusion Frame he did with Adam Beyer was tremendous when it first dropped, but dated quickly mainly due to the extreme flux techno was in at that point in time.

The 1000 series will always have a place in my heart, mainly cuz every techno jock in tdot played them.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
newly purchased slabs of wax

John Tejada "Sweat (On The Walls)" Poker Flat Recordings
ADJD "Stocktown City Dwellers" Poker Flat Recordings
John Tejada "Breakout" Palette
DJ Abstract "You Used To Know" Palette Recordings
Various "25th Hour Party People" Input - Output Inc.
Cari Lekebusch "Underground Poetry" H Productions
Cari Lekebusch "For Those Who Know" H Productions
Jeff Samuel Awt Spectral
Vanisher "The Tic-Tac Tactic" Spectral
Plastikman "Nostalgik" Minus

first time in a long hile it's been heavier on the tech-house end of the scale. must be a lull in the odd ball bangers.

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
^maybe it's because Jeff and John and Alexi are better producers than Cristian, Neil and Tobias??

didcha ever think of that?!?

;)

the only new wax for me is non techno (jungle bros. 'girl I'll house you')

destro

seeker

TRIBE Member
Bill Youngman - Klimba EP [Currently Processing]

thanks be to isoprax! blessings of the state, blessings of the masses!

Aleks

TRIBE Member
*(not really new record post)

im not usually a techno fiend at the shops, but i heard a beyer&tiga record about 3 weeks ago and it fuckin huge!!.... needless to say i slept on it for a while and it was gone when i returned..

beyer&*someonelse feat. Tiga -- Ananona and Heartbreaker.

..if any of y'all techno fiends know where this is circulating, the info is much appreciated...

pce,

-Aleks

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aleks
*(not really new record post)

im not usually a techno fiend at the shops, but i heard a beyer&tiga record about 3 weeks ago and it fuckin huge!!.... needless to say i slept on it for a while and it was gone when i returned..

beyer&*someonelse feat. Tiga -- Ananona and Heartbreaker.

..if any of y'all techno fiends know where this is circulating, the info is much appreciated...

pce,

-Aleks
from www.juno.co.uk

Beyer & Lenk feat. Tiga -Heartbreaker

Side 1
01. Heartbreak

Side 2
01. Ananda

Label: Novamute
Catalogue No: 12NOMU 137
Format: 12"
Availability: In stock (ships same day)
Release Date: 13 September 2004
Price: £5.99 - add to cart

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
lately;

Andreas Kauffelt - Break the Circuit - Confused Recordings
hardcell & Grindvik - Gain Lane pt.1 - Drumcode (b-side is great)
Alex Calver - Gangsta EP - Glitch Recordings
Andreas Kreamer - American Blackout EP - Blueline
Felipe & Nicolas Bacher - Titanium Bass Alloy - Primate
Cirez D - Control Freak - Mouseville

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
Geezer & Rackitt - Thriller Killa - Skank09
Frank Biazzi - Fiction - Lupp020
Stoll/Liebing - Murder was The Bass rmx - ELPltd001
Speedy J/Literon - Collabs 200 - Novamute
Greg gow/Adam Jay - Victims of Culture2 - Restructured 11

thats allfor now

Aleks

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Truth
from www.juno.co.uk

Beyer & Lenk feat. Tiga -Heartbreaker

Side 1
01. Heartbreak

Side 2
01. Ananda

Label: Novamute
Catalogue No: 12NOMU 137
Format: 12"
Availability: In stock (ships same day)
Release Date: 13 September 2004
Price: £5.99 - add to cart
nice, thats the tune, but i would rather find it in T.O. before ordering it from the UK...

pce,

-Aleks

db

TRIBE Member
^^^ You should be able to find it TO -- I've seen it at 2 The Beat in the past few months. Check there or Play De...

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by scatterBrains
^^^ You should be able to find it TO -- I've seen it at 2 The Beat in the past few months. Check there or Play De...
I'm at 2thebeat now, and it is in my hand.. so they have it.

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
todays picks (aka mah new wax)

Getafix - Style Wars - Routemaster
Emerson & Mahatma - Keep It Gangsta EP - Subvert
Chris & D.A.V.E. - Beethoven/Mozart - Apex

djUnabomber

TRIBE Promoter
and today....

Julian Sandell & Henry Cullen - Funeral Songs EP - 4X4X23
Bam Bam - Where's Your Child (dj rush rmx) - Tresor165 (archiv)
Roman Flugel - Gehts Noch? - Cocoon Records
International Deejay Gigolo's #144
Dietrich Schoenemann - Tastes Like Maria - Hidden Agenda

and a hardstyle trance remix of Voodoo People. for fun.