• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New Records or Groceries? The choices we have to make !

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
here's my latest batch of gimmies

Bob Brown "She Wants" Mental Industries
-nothing but his usual lofi bit reduced stomping raw jerkers. one track stands out with a frigginng cool ass bass line though.

Various "Acido Amigo" ?
-it has Cool House' "Rock This Party Right". that's all I cared about but I'm sure the other 2 discs don't horribly suck.

Adam X "Reverse Forward" Sonic Groove
-I've always dug most of his stuff but lately I've been really digging it. The bleep and the low end beckon me, I must answer!

Ratio "Interrupt" Central
-holy mother of god, this record not only has a track on it I've been trying to have ID'd for a retardly long time but it also has 3 other tracks on it that I know, LOVE, and would give up a first born for.

Puente Latino "Coming Back" Primevil
-I don't actually know why I bought this. Seeing as how I have it already. Another blockheaded boner courtesy of me! one track is pretty good though, maybe two copies will work, maybe it wont.

Dj Powerout "Serge Ep" Geometric
-So a buddy says "hey man, you may like this old powerout record" and he plays it for me. He now has a black eye and no powerout record of his own. kidding, I found my own copy but christ is "outrage" a fun track.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I opted for new records, including a remix of born slippy, the new adam beyer, and another one which I can't remember.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Skipper
I opted for new records, including a remix of born slippy, the new adam beyer, and another one which I can't remember.
Try not to get so detailed next time ;)

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
new records; last week;

Joel Mull - Next In Line EP - Elp Recordings

Adam Beyer/Henrik B - The Eye That Sees Itself - Mad Eye

Cari Lekebusch/Patrik Skoog - Swedish Steel RMXs - Drumcode

and the best record I've bought in a fuckin' loooong time,

???? - O Superman RMX - XBooty <I can't say enough good things about this record! A freakin' remix of Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman'!?!?! I'm gonna play this so much.:eek:

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jeffpayne
???? - O Superman RMX - XBooty
Is this the same mix that oddmyth drops near the beginning of his minimalis mix? If it is, then I agree it is a sweet track.

(Which I need to get a copy of again after losing it in the great format of ought 4.)

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
i heard that this remix of born slippy is pretty good, although i haven't heard it yet

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
Is this the same mix that oddmyth drops near the beginning of his minimalis mix?
just checked his tracklisting and I didnt' see it there. It's a new release as far as I know. nice hard, punchy, Patrick DSP type bass on it. The flip has an Eminem remix on it which is good but not really my cup of tea.

Ah...just found it online. apparently it's Henry Cullen aka Dave the Drummer.

poker face

TRIBE Member
I picked up a variety of things. But these are more mf my techno grabs:

Davide Squillace - Hard Angel / Sweet Melon - Audiolove Music

Etienne De Crecy and Philippe Zdar - Poisoned / Audio Galaxy - Play It Again Sam

Shark and Kemu - Plug Out / Model Paramaters - Earresistable Music

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
I may as well add that I have these ordered as well but haven't seen hide nor hair of them yet...

Richard Bartz "midnight Man" Gigolo

Dj Rush "Funk U Up Remixes" Projex
- the si begg is alright but the original is still better in terms of energy I think. Come to think of it it's the first Rush record in almost 3 years I've liked

Fabrice Lig & Jean “South Union” Adrenogroov
-I find this label boring most of the time but this one is jerking and jacking holy bleeper batman!

Diego “Mind Detergent” Kanzleramt
-original was fairly good and this is supposed to have a Rob Hood mix. I'm willing to give Robby another chance to redeem himself as his last few have been bland and old lady-ish.

Lucas Rodenbush “Kinetic Progression Ep” Affected Music
- 3 cheers for a partial return to EBE territory!

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
nope BBB, the remix he's talking about is actually by Dave the Drummer.

It samples the one I open Dust in the Rain with.

odbx -> back from Montreal w/ lots of goodies

d.code

TRIBE Member
The white label one? I heard it at kops the other day. I was really diggin' the beats but the born slippy bit I didn't care for.. the other side was cool- i think it was a 50 cent remix or something. Im not sure.

d.code

TRIBE Member
oh yeah
ps

not "new" but they are what i got over the last month (been a bit slow)

Ricardo Villalobos - alcachofa remixes (really dig the 2 lone swordsmen rmx & smith and hack rmx .. actually i dig em all)
Rasoul - school of acid
some 20/20 vision record..
uhhhhhhh
some really glitchy/electro/housey white label that I would fucking love to know who made
and some swag bootleg that terry francis did.

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jonesy
i heard that this remix of born slippy is pretty good, although i haven't heard it yet
I bought the Born Slippy one. . . I think it is actually quite good. In the right time and place it will work well. The sample is quite restrained and moves in and out over some excellent tech-house/techno/slightly proggy beats. . . Add a dash of minimal techno and I think we have a winner. . .

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
only got one record in MTL on the WKND

Cybotron- Cosmic Cars/Alleys of The Mind - Fantasy records
(of course it's the 96 repress of some of the first EVER techno tracks...)

I have been thinking of foregoing (sp?) the groceries this week and trying to track down the new Alexander Robotnik compilation. It has Charly's Spacerwoman (!!!), some Tom Tom Club, Yello, and other 80s discofunk

Destro

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Picked up some drumcode re-presses (Heckman & Beyer..Sound Identification x2)
Drumcode 6
Gaetano (Advancedtechnoresearch...3,9,10) or something like that

Bizz O.D "Tops and Bottoms" finally!!!.......been wanting this track for four years and finally got it. (Thanks Gemm!!).....30 dollars later :(

bought a few more but I am too lazy to go over and see what they were..........

L-T

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Various Artists "Ratio Remixed Volume 2" Central (the dan bell mix is dope!)
Various Artists "Illumination" Tresor

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Bob Brown "She Wants Them All " Mental Indutries
- a second copy, one of the songs is THAT good.

Ibrahim Alfa "Laparascope EP " Mental industries
- pretty much anything ibrahim does I lvoe and he's fairly varied within thee techno genre. this record aint no slouch!

Bill Youngman "Somewhere In The East " Mental Industires
- seeing as how I was mostly broke when I discovered this guy I've got to go back and find the stuff I missed..this ep has techno, bith hard and minimal...electro and drum'n'bass tempo'd things...all good and all odd enough to call yummy.

Aeox "How Do You Wannit Cooked EP " Mental Industries
- pretty much bought this for one song although all four are worth grabbing. 'music we have' is pure funk, and he sings on it! think safety scissors coupled with the cannibal cooking club and you have Aeox.

...and that rounds up this weekends waxy accumulation. I think I spent more this weekend on records then most people do on their mortgage ;)