• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Record Purchasessss

ladd

TRIBE Member
this thread has been inspired by the package i got in the mail today

i havent bought any records in the past 2 months cause i have very little money, however there was an urgent purchase to be made as soon as i saw it (on the net) and just received them today...

adam beyer : recoded (4LP)

i've had the cd release for about 4 years now, and now i finally have the vinyl!

just awesome .........

oh and i bought the new benjamin wild : in motion which is great too.

what about everyone else?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
spent a little too much yesterday...

i got Johanes Heil's Leagues under the skin... fuckin' awesome record.

plus and Randy Rivera record on Terminal M

plus the Danny Vigorolo (sp?) The Vision EP on primate... i think the A side is dope.

and a Hardcell record called Shape.

:D
Rob

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
i got Johanes Heil's Leagues under the skin... fuckin' awesome record.

^^
is this the human league remix(es)??

couldja describe it a lil more for me.

Destro

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
don't think its a human league remix.. like it definitely doesn't have any vocals on any of the tunes. and the a side while it might be described as 'electro-ish' by some... but to me it has a lot more in common with spooky, dark minimal german techno than electro... its 4/4 anyways.

And the b sides are straight up Kanzlermat(sp?) techno bangers. You know the deal... booming bass and tingly strings. mmmm.

mind you i haven't heard much Human League (i listened to the vinyl with their big hit on it... don't you want me or something like that... my pops has it!)

peace
Rob

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
That Beyer Recoded Lp contains 2 of the BEST Marco Carola trax ever put out to date - congrats on getting that one Ladd, few people have that set (i've traded two of the pieces in mine away for some old detroit stuff that I couldn't live without, but I still have the marco shizz).

Records this week:
5 or 6 pieces of broken beat house stuff by Titonton, Domu, Russ Gabriel and a few others that I won't mention here.
Polarius - Jams in the key of Smack
Silicon Scally - Mr. Machine
Deadbeat - Wildlife Documentaries vinyl version
Detroit Beatdown Compilation
Cobblestone Jazz - It is what it is (fucking jams baby! Go Matt!)
T. Raumschmiere - Anti LP on Hefty records (DIRTY!).

a couple of old Good Looking Records that I should have owned 6 years ago (Doc Scott, and LTJ), and the reissue of the long overdue Boards of Canada LP - Twoism (which I've seen the original go for around $800 Canadian on eBay).

That's just what I got on vinyl, cd and downloads are still waiting to be listened to....

Cheers
oddio librarian

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tech_Head_Rob
plus the Danny Vigorolo (sp?) The Vision EP on primate... i think the A side is dope.

Nice - I picked that up last week as well. Both A&B rock!

Today I picked up Smith/Selway - Move, Percy X - on a day, and about TEN non-techno tracks at a HUGE discount.

I also picked up a DJ to play at my house party tonight! LOL

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
^^^ next level what? DJ'ing or production? Perhaps .. no I know I listen to too many records .. but his production since he's been accepted into the world of Marco and Gaetano has just gone downhill. His Primate releases are weak IMHO of course, but again, I state; I listen to too much music, I pay too close attention, I have serious problems with played out sounds, tired breakdowns (filter fade downs, reverbed out fades, drum fades to doubled up chord stabs on the last quarter note in a 8 bar loop), and most of all I have serious issues with the overly annoying ride cymbals that everyone seems to think adds excitement to their tracks.

Next level techno? Check out the last Leo Laker release on 4x4, the first Chris McCormack on Materials, the Inigo Kennedy double pack on Missle (The Gauntlet). That shit is next level.

Cheers
oddio

erk

TRIBE Member
Here have been my picks over the past bit:

.the 2nd mbelectonics
.the 4th mbelectronics
I seem to be a sucker for that bailey + remixes stuff as of late. Dunno why.
.m5 -- oldie and a goodie
.space djz 2x12" on tortured
."headroom ep" headroom - blueline
."sound identification" hardcell & par grindvik (any one know this guy?) - drumcode 25,5
."next try ep" ben sims rmx - clretry05

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
^^^ next level what? DJ'ing or production? Perhaps .. no I know I listen to too many records .. but his production since he's been accepted into the world of Marco and Gaetano has just gone downhill. His Primate releases are weak IMHO of course, but again, I state; I listen to too much music, I pay too close attention, I have serious problems with played out sounds, tired breakdowns (filter fade downs, reverbed out fades, drum fades to doubled up chord stabs on the last quarter note in a 8 bar loop), and most of all I have serious issues with the overly annoying ride cymbals that everyone seems to think adds excitement to their tracks.

Next level techno? Check out the last Leo Laker release on 4x4, the first Chris McCormack on Materials, the Inigo Kennedy double pack on Missle (The Gauntlet). That shit is next level.

Cheers
oddio

i've never heard him dj so i really can't judge. however, i love his productions. he has this sound that truly falls somewhere between house and techno that i can't get enough of. sometimes i get excited and give praise...that's all. :)

'alone' is my fave track of the year.

you're getting too technical for my ass. :)

Last edited:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
^^^ I know ... that's why I stated I listen to far too much music. I really have to take a step back sometimes .. I'm trying to relearn what I unlearnt years ago .. an appreciation of music on a level where things like structure and content don't matter.

going back to rock has only helped me .. long live The Flaming Lips!!

oddbox

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
yeah i definitely wouldn't call the Danny V ep groundbreaking or anything like that... but when i record shop i buy stuff that i think'll fuck shit up on the dancefloor.

and that rekkid would fuck some shit up.
:D

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
Just grabbed two more..

the new Percy X, and Jamie Bissmire on Primevil..re-stock of the Recent Events EP. *drool*

new records are fun

Scorched Earth

TRIBE Member
I got two older records recently, not techno, but still cool records.

Public Enemy : 911 is a joke (12")
Metallica : And Justice for All (2x12")

Cost me $60 between the two of them, but they were worth it!

Cheers,

Jake

P.S. I got some new techno too, the new Gaetano on Conform is sweet!

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
picked up a few yesterday, mostly classics some new......

m7
studio 1 (i got it Todd... ;) )
return of the wolf - the martian
the wolf - dave clarke ( sick design on the record)
finished copy of Greg Gow / Mateo Murphy --- Restructured 07
dj preach - supportin the canadian boys (nice tracks, synthy)
tst 11
johan bacto - mankind , his latest....
Legowelt - with a dope Johannes Heil remix ( up your alley Matt )

ez,

sd.

(mike shannon double on force inc. anyone dig it?? )

d.code

TRIBE Member
I bought a todd sines record from Play De yesterday.

Other then that
i went to ebloc to buy some of what was left before there is nothing.

mhonday 1 + 2 (i have double of this now) + 3 (<-- wicked)
two intrisinc design records
theory 12.5 (double of this one now- the mark broom track is absolutely begging to be doubled up and fucked around with)
theory 15 (eh but it $3)
some alan arabat track on red frame (i really like this label)
frequent 03
ri'li's 1,2 and 6.5
m7
m6
and that new zenit track that is all melodic

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
Personally, I'm diggin' Casey Hogan. Found a gem of his when I was out in Calgary. "Bounce the Lights" I think is what the record is called. some great tracks on there.

Also, Chris McCormack. The original "Sea Level" is cool but I prefer the remixes. Sick.

These two are now always in my box. :)

d.code

TRIBE Member
yeah i grabbed the sea level remixs mainly for the advent remix. the other rmxs i thought were fairly bland (but good) in composition. the advent one is fairly much the same with a bit more 'movement'