• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Pearl Jam Album

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I haven't followed them since that album with the song that's identical to Zeppelin's Going To California (Born or Given to Fly or something). Are Pearl Jam one of the few bands that haven't sold out? Like, Soundgarden's last album before the greatest hits was just hideous, and Smashing Pumpkins are supposed to reunite for some superfluous purpose. Both of their latter work is reminiscent of anything the Rolling Stones have released since Beggar's Banquet.

But has Pearl Jam managed to stay off that course and remain somewhat consistent to what they released in the early 90's?

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
been looking forward to picking this up. haven't bought a cd in years of any kind, but Im gonna go out and pick this up as well as the new Tool that came out today as well.
Aerius Zension said:
Are Pearl Jam one of the few bands that haven't sold out??
well considering they went to a smaller label, quite the opposite of selling out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chemi11

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -] said:
been looking forward to picking this up. haven't bought a cd in years of any kind, but Im gonna go out and pick this up as well as the new Tool that came out today as well.

well considering they went to a smaller label, quite the opposite of selling out.

Best Buy 22.98 for both Tool and Pearl Jam. Cant go wrong.

Gave the PJ a quick listen, good, better then Riot Act. Comatose, deadly.

Tool seems to be rockin too, just a few tracks in.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
I haven't followed them since that album with the song that's identical to Zeppelin's Going To California (Born or Given to Fly or something). Are Pearl Jam one of the few bands that haven't sold out? Like, Soundgarden's last album before the greatest hits was just hideous, and Smashing Pumpkins are supposed to reunite for some superfluous purpose. Both of their latter work is reminiscent of anything the Rolling Stones have released since Beggar's Banquet.

But has Pearl Jam managed to stay off that course and remain somewhat consistent to what they released in the early 90's?

they've been together for over 17 years now, and still can rock and write like they did when they started... they haven't sold out EVER, they stopped making videos for a while, wrote some mellower albums and fell off the map for a bit, but they have such a strong fan base that they will keep selling millions of records because they didn't fall into the rock trap... rearviewmirror (their double disc greatest hits) was great cause they stuck to all the good shit as opposed to writing a bunch of new tunes to go with it...
the smaller label thing was a GREAT move on their part cause it shows they don't care about the money... they sell out arenas still because fans know how incredible they are....
i am so glad they never sold out...
so good on them...

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Aerius Zension said:
Smashing Pumpkins are supposed to reunite for some superfluous purpose.
If rocking your pants off with monster guitars is a superfluous purpose then I'm mickey mouse.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

123fakest

TRIBE Member
good album, better than riot act.... might be up there with Yield. Army Reserve and Inside Job are particuarly good. Whole back half of the album infact.

The artwork on the other hand... WTF? Did they put this togethter watching Saw?

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
i'll have to hear this album.
However, I hope worldwide suicide isn't a highlight off the album because if so then I don't know about this whole 'still write like they did 17 years ago' though.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Bass-Invader said:
i'll have to hear this album.
However, I hope worldwide suicide isn't a highlight off the album because if so then I don't know about this whole 'still write like they did 17 years ago' though.
they don't write like the did 17 years ago at ALL.
theyz all growns up now.

STILL HOT THOUGH. damn.
all of 'em - vedder, gossard, even mccready with his crazy tattoos... mmm jeff ament.

now they've got this crazy huge black dude on keyboards.
weeeee!
CAN'T WAIT FOR MAY 9/10!!!!