• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Mixes from Guelph's Finest!

The Operator

TRIBE Member
Ok, well not all of the links on this page are currently residing in Guelph, but they all got their start there. Thundah and Smooth Operator are in Toronto and are available for bookings here.
Thundah: tuesdaysfather@hotmail.com
Smooth Operator: madhattah@hotmail.com

www.djmez.com

The mixes are as follows:

JMez - January mix (breaks)
Thundah - Aye Ko! (garage)
Miz Rebel - Demo (jungle)
Smooth Operator - Am I Movin Too Fast? (breaks)

So check em out, and tell us what you think!
Also check out the amazing party that will be happening March 6th in Guelph... it's the one year anniversary, and this one's going to be off the hook!

Later,

Operator

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

hysterical

TRIBE Member
^^^ First off thats cool.......and do you think i care what you say?:rolleyes:Im sure in person it would be a difrferent matter.

......and operater, i was only joking . I checked out your site yesterday. And your party looks pretty dope, if i could get me ass to guelph i would go. The big house sounds pretty cool:cool:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
good self-horn-tootin'.

seems like every town has lots o' peeps in the 'finest' category. ;)

pretty fun mix, 'cept for the sound quality issues.. lots o' good oldies with the newbies. haven't heard that wiseguys track in eons.. might have to crack mine out sometime soon as well.

the guys at fingerlickin' appreciate your business.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
does every breaks dj own every fingerlickin' record¿ it's funny 'cause i even have all the ones i don't like for some reason..

The Operator

TRIBE Member
"Finest" is just a good by-word. Hoped that it would attract some attention.

I own almost all the Fingerlickin releases, even ones that I never play, except a bunch of the more recent ones. When I first started spinning I was on a mission to find all of the Fingerlickin releases, and in fact I am still looking for #2 and #5. That would be Gettin it On by Freaky Jalapeno and Flint. If anybody has either of these willing to trade or sell, please let me know as they will complete my collection, and I would be ever so grateful.

For everyone downloading the mixes... I know the sound quality isn't the greatest, but we had to compress the files and make them low quality to get them down to under 10 megs. I have several excellent mixes by myself and Thundah if anybody is interested in a hard copy or to arrange a transfer of a better quality file.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Operator
When I first started spinning I was on a mission to find all of the Fingerlickin releases, and in fact I am still looking for #2 and #5. That would be Gettin it On by Freaky Jalapeno and Flint.
have 'em, never play 'em. light surface scratches, but they play fine. anything for trading¿

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
so what's your opinion on baseline for breaks?

what's that 'rescue me' bootie¿ haven't heard that one since the one like chu played it at 'hit da breaks' in hamilton like four years ago. great parté..

The Operator

TRIBE Member
Baseline's alright... not the place I would go for breaks, although Allan has been very good to me over the years. Guelph just doesn't have the breaks DJ to support him buying enough breaks. I always go through Release now.

The Rescue Me track is by Nu Generation.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
i hear ya there. i tried to use baseline as my main source for about a month before i realized it just wasn't going to work. allan's been pretty good to me as well, but he's almost never even been able to get me records from his own damn list... he'll surprise me every now and then with some gem that sold out everywhere else like five months before though, so i'm happy..

i'm also a release guy now for the harder to find shit, but baseline and dr. disc are usually fine for the big tracks.

eargazim

TRIBE Member
a little off subject here, but someone mentioned the hit the breaks party in hamilton. that party was hands down one of my all time favs. venue kicked ass! listening to killer breaks in the junkyard!!!

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
yeah, that was a wicked party. hamilton used to be the greatest place for breaks... what happened¿

'breakers revenge' and 'hit da breaks' are definitely both in my top 4 for greatest shindigs i've ever attended, along with the big bud four year, and broken prophecy with bassnectar.