• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Mix "That Feelin"

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
It’s that time again. New mix I finished in the new year. Has the same ol funky, jazzy, soulful beats! If you would like a free copy, please PM me or email your mailing address at
leemacdonald(nospam)@mail2lee.com

In the subject line please write FREE MIX so that I can identify your message from the junk mail.

Track listing is as follows:

lee macdonald · That Feelin’

1) Drugs (Freaks Rmx) – Cold Hearted World– Kraked
2) Natural Rhythm – Love Hate – Wash House
3) Rhum – That Feeling – White
4) Blakkat – Hold Onto Your Love – White
5) Ken Christansen & Thomas Sahs – Mista D – Knockin Boots
6) Mark Farina – To Do (D’s Farina Experiment) – Om Records
7) Jason Hodges – Fuck Hodges (Stinky E.C.B Mix) –Oomph
8) Joey Youngman – Represent the City – Nightshift Recordings
9) Rick Garcia – Got Me Love Dancin – Grassroots Recordings
* Layered * Eddy Grant – Electric Avenue – Portrait Records
10) Deviate – Global Choice (Joshua Collins Remix) – Deep Future
11) ? - ? – White
12) Inland Knights – Like This – So sound Recordings
13) Serious Intention – You Don’t Know (Joeski Dub Mix)- Maya
14) Onionz & Master D presents “6400 Crew”- I Want – ri’que
15) DAN X – Jazz in the Park – G- Swing
16) The Superman Lovers –Starlight(D’s Dub-Rev bonus) – Classic
17) 2nd Shift (JT Donaldson) – Jazz Notions – Gallery

Sorry I don’t know who does #11. I’m pretty sure it’s a Marvin Gaye bootleg :)

Thank you: Shawn, Charles, Wil, Crystal, Craig, Heather, Lynn, Browner, Naomi, Danielle, Jazz, Sunil, Allison, Carmen, Justin, Dany V, Sneakbeats for the kick ass tunes ! and anyone else that I missed….cheers

house music…essential music

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
support Lee Mac!

To all those of you who support him online why not come out of your own skin and support Lee...he'll be having a birthday bash (tbd) and it would be nice to see all those who give him props do it in person...as he is sooo worth it and by the sounds of it...all of you think so too...show your love...and support you local dj's...you know who you are!

PS...heard his mix already...and yah...all I have to say is that family goes a long way...keep up the good work and Lee...keep believing in yourself....

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
hey lee!

been looking forward to the next mix... be sure to save me a copy. keep pluggin away and stay true to what you love and good things will happen for you... they always do ;)

d

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
I like this mix a lot Lee :D

I think it's your best yet, by a good margin.

top notch mixing, and great track selection, the flow is terrific!

nice one m8 :cool:

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Astroboy
I like this mix a lot Lee :D

I think it's your best yet, by a good margin.

top notch mixing, and great track selection, the flow is terrific!

nice one m8 :cool:

thanks man, it was a fun mix to make :)

thank you for doin the cd's

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Lee...your cd is fantastic...you've done a great job and even better...you've raised the bar for yourself...I can imagine what you were thinkin when you made this cd...cause your music speaks for itself...for all the months we've been friends...I am more and more amazed with each cd...I couldn't let another day go by without telling you...that you are ahead of your time young jedi...and keep that spirit strong...you've got soul & groove...keep bouncin and kickin...

and BTW...everything that is happening to you is because of your hard work...and you deserve it all and then some...stay true to yourself and your music...all my best and respect...KWE

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by DJ KWE
Lee...your cd is fantastic...you've done a great job and even better...you've raised the bar for yourself...I can imagine what you were thinkin when you made this cd...cause your music speaks for itself...for all the months we've been friends...I am more and more amazed with each cd...I couldn't let another day go by without telling you...that you are ahead of your time young jedi...and keep that spirit strong...you've got soul & groove...keep bouncin and kickin...

and BTW...everything that is happening to you is because of your hard work...and you deserve it all and then some...stay true to yourself and your music...all my best and respect...KWE

:eek:

Thank you sooo much !! It's all about staying postive, timing, and being surrounded by like-minded peeps.

Looking forward to your next C.D !! :D ...which will be when again ?

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Operator
:eek:

Thank you sooo much !! It's all about staying postive, timing, and being surrounded by like-minded peeps.

Looking forward to your next C.D !! :D ...which will be when again ?

Je ne c'est pas? mon ami ;)

Re: Shoe

TRIBE Member
Hey Lee,

Really enjoyed the CD.

I was trying to remember, is the "Fuck Hodges" sample from a movie? It seems familiar but I couldn't place it.

Track 11 is a bootleg of Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up (part 1)". The original is an awesome funky jam.

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Re: Shoe
Hey Lee,

Really enjoyed the CD.

I was trying to remember, is the "Fuck Hodges" sample from a movie? It seems familiar but I couldn't place it.

Track 11 is a bootleg of Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up (part 1)". The original is an awesome funky jam.

thank you very much !

Ya that sample is from a movie, but can't remember which one.
anyone know ?

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Operator
thank you very much !

Ya that sample is from a movie, but can't remember which one.
anyone know ?

It's from the movie Colors. :D

Robert Duvall plays "Officer Bob Hodges"

2270-1.jpg

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Lee, got your cd a few days ago and have had a chance to listen to it once through finally - again, I love the first few tracks you started off with - it sets the mood of the entire cd - your programming skills are as usual - incredible! Great job!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

AshG

Nice mix lee!

Been bumpin this one in the car for a while now.
Technically, the mixing is very good.
Couple little tricks that make it more difficult than normal, and the few times the mix starts to stray, its brought back in line in short order.

Musically, its on as well.
Opens with a suitably interesting, broken track to get things interesting right away, and builds a nice groove from that wash house track on.
Lots of good tunes, and that horn bit in that white one is killing me. I know it from somewhere... i want to say nigel hays' "que pasa", but..... not sure.
Anyway, it bugs me now(in a good way).

There's one tune in the mix(can't remember exactly which one) that is a remix, i think, of a older disco tune i have somewhere. I like the original more than the remix here, but other than that, i like it all.

good shiat!

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
Thank you everyone for your feedback, much appreciated !

Looking forward to handing out some copies in Miami :) I also have some extras if anyone else would like one.

Mike I think I've heard those horn samples before as well. Not sure what track exactly, maybe from a couple of years ago. As for that disco track this might be the one you're talking about http://www.discogs.com/release/54904 and it's probably a good score too.

peace,

lee

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
you deserve it...

Lee...I know you're in Miami right now having the time of your life...just wanted to let you know that you are a special homegrown soul...and now your cd will speak for itself...way to raise the bar in your life and stay true to yourself...have the most fun ever! and get home safely..."yes mom"...lol

PS...don't let any rock go unturned...you'll never know what you'll find in that hard place...;)

PurrLee

TRIBE Member
Lee baby!!
I am really groovin to this mix.
There's a lil sometin for everyone...
It flows nicely from funk to jazz to bumpin house.
The first track totally grew on me... wasn't so sure at first but now it's definately one of my faves!!
Funny how that happens...
oh and i loooove the Eddy Grant overlay. Nicely done!!
The programming is stellar, the mixing solid and the end result is a cd that i seem to take with me everywhere!!
Can't wait to see you out -- and for the next mix, of course ;)