• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Gotan Project disk "Lunatico"....

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
is dark, erotic, sumptuous, quirky....

BELLISSIMO!!!

This chanson here, "Differente".... caliente...

Apparently they recorded this in Beunos Aires, in the same place where Astor did his thing...

Sounds like it. Even smells like it. More "authentic" bandoneon tones throughout, awesome singers, ... but the downtempo beats are still there...

This may end up being my favorite 'downtempo' disk of this year...

Meltworthy...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
...about the same, actually. Personally, I really loved several tracks from "Revancho..."

"Lunatico", however, does lean more heavily on the tango side, as opposed to the beat-processing side of things...

It's actually a rather melancholy disk. Their required cover song here, "Paris, Texas"...well, that sets the tone...

It's pretty "authentic"-sounding tango stuff, actually.

Kinda makes me want to go back and watch all them arty eurotrash movies....

(like "Paris, Texas". Fuck that film was awesome.)

So far, excellent cd, very mood-inducing....

Now all I needs is a cuban and a corona, grow some gristle on my face, hang out at some seedy Mexicano bar and los locas! Dream of all them chickas....

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
btw, live, they totally bring this stuff to life, with full tango orchestra in tow....

If they roll through town touring this disk, I am SOOO there....

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Jeez. I hate to be the only person *spamming* my own thread, but...

This disk is seriously excellent.

Other songs that have crept under my skin since 1st post are:

"La Viguela"... (uhhhhh)

"Domingo"
"Amor Porteno"
"Celos"

and the aformentioned "Paris, Texas"

..Hey, I betcha Quenton Tarantino is wanking off to this right now...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
Just downloaded this. Gonna give it a listen and if I like, I'll prolly pick up the CD later.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Just read a review in a local freebie nightlife mag here (called, uh, "Nightlife"):

Gotanreview.jpg

Wow. Same planet deal. And this review was written by a girl, so it's not just a 'guy' thing, this disk.

Anyways, I'll try this:

http://polymorph.fun-in-the-murky.com/Differente.mp3

Awesome song.

btw. Yeah. I've had this on repeat all week. Well on it's way to making my yearly top-ten list....