• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

new foobar2000

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

deep

TRIBE Member
oh and stirry it seems they've added some stuff to the equalizer like presets and the ability to save presets

Adam

TRIBE Member
the icons are definitely nice

it blew away my old formatting, but i needed a change anyway

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
no, my formatting string is pretty simple so I don't really bother with the formatting stuff people are doing

track number file name playing time

the 3 tricks it does is

1] if it's a cue file , it loads up the tracks contained in the cue file and not the filename of the cd

2] it changes the color of the text for track currently playing instead of of having the selection bar around it

3] if it's streaming radio i.e. from proton it loads the name of the show rather than the address of the stream

Code:
$if(%_isplaying%,0F8BF0|0F8BF0,C0C0C0|636363)

$num(%_playlist_number%,3)'. '

$if($strstr(%_path_raw%,'http://'),$if2(%artist%,),$if($strcmp($ext(%_path%),cue),$if2(%_subsong%' - ',)$if2(%artist%' - ',)$if2(%title%,),%_filename%))

$char(9) $if(%_isplaying%,0F8BF0|0F8BF0,C0C0C0|636363)%_length%[/

~atp~

TRIBE Member
my only complaint with the old foobar was that the seek-time was slow. I would skim through a large mp3 instantly using winamp, but foobar took a while to scan ahead.

I'll have to check out the new version. :)

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
my only complaint with the old foobar was that the seek-time was slow. I would skim through a large mp3 instantly using winamp, but foobar took a while to scan ahead.

I'll have to check out the new version. :)

it's because the decoding standards in foobar are more stringent...so skipping to a particular frame esp. in larger files/sets would take longer as foobar would want to do it "right"

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
it's because the decoding standards in foobar are more stringent...so skipping to a particular frame esp. in larger files/sets would take longer as foobar would want to do it "right"

Ah I see...but, why would you place a standard around "scanning" ahead? I can understand imposing standards regarding playback and file formatting, but wouldn't you just want scanning to be as quick and accurate as possible?

deep

TRIBE Member
I think it's an issue the author has defended several times on their message board...but it looks like it's more optimized now, maybe he's found a way to satisfy both interests. fb2k tends to default to the most accurate / high fidelity method when there is a conflict between that interest and anything else.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
thanks for the heads up!

just a reminder for all you losers out there still using winamp

GLOBAL HOTKEYS > JESUS SAVING MANKIND FROM SIN

zoo

TRIBE Member
i've been converted

global hotkeys = greatest thing ever

i'm at work listening and there's no visible gui

[phantom phreak] it's insanely great [/phreak]

RJ45

TRIBE Member
old version used to complain about a lot of my mp3s being unplayable.

hopefully new version is better.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
At home the other day, my foobar2000 somehow reverted it's .cfg file back to the original.

It's a good thing I have it at work too.. but man, did it ever look ugly this weekend.. and the lack of global hotkeys was killing me

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RJ45
old version used to complain about a lot of my mp3s being unplayable.

hopefully new version is better.

maybe you should stop downloading crap n-sync mp3s off kazaa, jerk

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
What, if any, plug-ins do you guys use for foobar?

I don't really use any of them.. but deep has recommended one or two in one of the other 1000 foobar threads :)

deep

TRIBE Member
I get a lot of use out of the foo_recycle plugin, allows right click or global hotkey deletion of items in the playlist from the hard drive

generally I've tried a bunch of plugins but like the player streamlined

crossfeed is useful occasionally if you have high end headphones

foo_explorer gives quick access to explorer if you're lazy

foo_scroll is included in the new special installer, and keeps the focus in the playlist on the song that is playing

there's an alternative http_reader that allows streamed music to be saved directly from the player

zoo : I just tried the radio 1 site and realalternative doesn't seem to work

check the foobar forums for anything on realaudio, but I don't listen to it enough to care for the few things real alternative doesn't work with

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
YOu could probably make real alternative work in radio1 by doing the following.

view source of the radio1 listen page.

you should find a URL in the source somewhere that points to a .RPM file. Download that file and view it in notepad.

cut the url from notepad and paste it into realalternative..

i know it's a pain in the ass, but i do this for every stream that i listen to on radio1, because it gives you full control over what you're listening to (ie, rewind/fast forward, instead of those 5 min fast forward buttons)