1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New Fiona Album coming Spring 2011!!!!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Beer babe, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

I am SO PSYCHED!!!! She is a fucking genius...i LOVE her music!!!

Fiona Apple Releasing New Album in Spring 2011

After five years of waiting, Fiona Apple fans will be happy to learn that the singer/songwriter has a new album on the way.

According to a recent profile in Modern Drummer magazine of Apple's drummer and co-producer Charley Drayton, the follow-up to her highly acclaimed 2005 LP "Extraordinary Machine" has a spring 2011 release date. The article states that Drayton, who has toured with Apple since 2006, co-produced and mixed the record, as well as played on it.

An exact release date and album title is still not known, but according to singer-songwriter Michelle Branch, Apple's new material should be worth the wait. "Hate to brag but I heard a couple new Fiona Apple tracks today. Amazing," Branch wrote on Twitter Sept. 12.

Fans most recently heard new music from Apple earlier this year, when a collaboration with her longtime producer Jon Brion leaked online. The song, titled "So Sleepy," will be featured on the "Chickens in Love" benefit album, a yet-to-be-released compilation of songs co-written by Los Angeles youth at the creative writing non-profit 826LA.

Just a FEW of my favs:

[YOUTUBE]u09s0uz0tEU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8gLWTtlMwo4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BK30r_SIZ-g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NP869swP2po[/YOUTUBE]

Can't wait!!!

2. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

Stephen Hawking is a genius.

Fiona Apple plays the piano.

3. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

This thread title has about five exclamation marks too many. And it is not in the 'Core Room.

4. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

I don't give a fuck if i get booed for bumping this thread or how many exclamation points are in the title. I'm absolutely in love with the new album (finally got released).

I'm going to see her on Wednesday (first time ever) and I am beyond excited. By far one of my favourite artists. Fell in love with her in 1996 and have not been disappointed by her yet.

Check out her new album when you get a chance: NPR Media Player

5. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

lol

6. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I'll have to give it a listen. I like the new single.

7. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

One of the most over-hyped female artists of the last 25yrs.