1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New Eminem

Discussion in 'Hip Hop Room' started by todiefor, Jul 6, 2010.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

So, I have to admit, I really feel this latest offering. It's like a mature eminem. Lyrically, he's sharp as ever, but there's an edge back and a lot of self insight on the album, not to mention some sick beats.

He does one track with Lil Wayne called No Love and the beat uses a hook sampled from the old cheesy dance song used by Saturday Night Live's Night At Roxberry skit (baby don't hurt me). You'd never think it'd work to hear it, but then they get going and the more you listen to it, the more you want to listen to it again.

Not afraid is pretty hard hitting, reminiscent of his big track from the 8-Mile soundtrack, name escapes me right now, but proabaly the hit of the album.

It's interesting hearing him talk about how on "Encore" he was strung out, and on last year's avg. outting, Relapse" he was still trying to recover but now he's back. He even admits he was at one point so frustrated and lost he nearly wrote dis songs against Kanye and Wayne, he talks about how the drugs sapped his writing with the success he began to lose himself a bit. Hey, wait a minute, that's the song title I was looking for from 8-Mile, "Lose yourself," haha.

Anyways, I'd recommend it. Probably best hiphop album I've bought since Jay-Z's outting last year.

2. Sugar D

Sugar D TRIBE Promoter

yeah I like it too...he came back hard
    he's so much better when he doesn't do the silly joke rap.

i still think he killed it on this bet cypher last year.

3. Sugar D

Sugar D TRIBE Promoter

4. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I guess I must be the only one that is disappointed by his album - it sounds exactly like his last album and it is definitely not the powerful Eminem that I admire.
    He sounds angry more than anything and his rhyming isn't anything spectacular.

Weak album.

5. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

Hmm, I felt the last album was a bit uninspired. It seemed to lack passion. To me, I find Em(we're on a first name basis) at his best when he's got sort of an angry flow and he's just spitting lyrics like bullets.

I guess that's why I think it's so good. Although, one thing about that type of content that comes from an angry place is that I can only listen to it so much.

Then again, I've pretty much played out Not Afraid on my ipod and now I'm in love with No Love (featiring Lil Wayne). Such a funky track.

Overall though, personally, I don't just get anger from this album. The reason I really like it is I find it really reflective, which gives it a mature edge. I like listening to the lines when he talks about his own personal journey ove rthe last few years. You don't get that a lot with mcees.

6. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i like this album much more than the last by far.
    its been in the rotation.

7. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

Best Eminem album in my books. Its a straight up, no bullshit version of Shady im feelin!