• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

New Dr Dre CD - Detox

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone have any info of when this will be coming out(TASC looking your way). I read a magazine review and they said its the most musically advanced hip hop ever so hopefully it`ll be something special:D

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~decepticon~
the most musically advanced hip hop ever

roightttt

i guess dr dre has never heard of EL-P :0P

i'm interested in hearing what DRE has to offer ...

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i always love dres beats,samples are always on point and patterns are super tight.i usually dont like his mc or his guests but buy his singles for the instrumentals.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
The next album from Dr. Dre, The Detox, probably won't hit the street until the end of 2004, his label said. But Scott Storch, a co-producer working on the disc, insists it will be well worth the wait.

"I'd describe it as the most advanced rap album musically and lyrically we'll probably ever have a chance to listen to," he said.

between the neptunes, timbaland, dizzee rascal, el-p, aesop, rjd2, cex ... i can't think of anything "new" that he could possibly bring about that wouldn't already have been done

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
None of ya'll call Gangsta Rap back in the day pushing hip hop in new directions?

What about the first couple of Shady albums, there was tonnes of shi& that hasn't been done before.

This is Dre ya'll...DON'T SLEEP!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dicksherwood69
None of ya'll call Gangsta Rap back in the day pushing hip hop in new directions?

What about the first couple of Shady albums, there was tonnes of shi& that hasn't been done before.

This is Dre ya'll...DON'T SLEEP!

no, Ill sleep...too much that's been actually SLEPT on this year alone so why waste my time on an aging producer who's one trick??

HMHA

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
no, Ill sleep...too much that's been actually SLEPT on this year alone so why waste my time on an aging producer who's one trick??

one trick? i guess you've been sleeping for the last sixteen years!

dre is at the top of the game right now.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HMHA
one trick? i guess you've been sleeping for the last sixteen years!

dre is at the top of the game right now.

YOUR game yeah...whatever, not gonna get into why Dre's beats are lackign...see ya'll later:)

HMHA

TRIBE Member
music is subjective... but you can't deny he's had hits for over a decade and a half.. from easy e, nwa, tupac, snoop, eminem.. the list goes on and on...

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
for me personally getting hyped about a Dre tune is like preparing yourself for a Dillinja tune...been there done that,MANY times over...sorry, but there's too much freshness out there to ignore, why pass up some of these young cats in favour of Dre...sometimes you have to pass on music and Dre is someone I can gladly go without hearing what he's up to

PLATINUM VIBES

TRIBE Promoter
DR. DRE is the best producer to ever make a beat, PERIOD!

of course this is my opinion and ya'll have your own opinions
but i think he is on top of his game and will blow everyones mind away with this new LP.

1. Dre
2. Neptunes
3. Just Blaze
4. Kanye West
5. Timbaland

thats my list right thurrrrrr :)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PLATINUM VIBES
DR. DRE is the best producer to ever make a beat, PERIOD!

of course this is my opinion and ya'll have your own opinions
but i think he is on top of his game and will blow everyones mind away with this new LP.

1. Dre
2. Neptunes
3. Just Blaze
4. Kanye West
5. Timbaland

thats my list right thurrrrrr :)

I won't even start...all I will say is if those are your starting 5 you need to do some heavy soul-searching :D

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PLATINUM VIBES
everyone is entitiled to their own opinion of course :)

I know dude but your list is SO 1 dimensional...it's all the cats who are basically HYPED...it's not like they are untouchable as far as criticism goes...they're just safe bets if you list BEST producers, I don't know...they get the paycheques I guess:rolleyes:

PLATINUM VIBES

TRIBE Promoter
i think the only one on my list that is hyped right now is Kanye West.

and he's only on the list because of his potential.
From Alicia Keys' "you dont know my name" to his production on Jay Z's new album, this guy is definitely gonna give everybody a run for their money.

Dre
neptunes
just blaze and
timbaland are all influencial producers who have already stamped their names throughout the music industry

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
dont mind me...Im ALWAYSa bit bitter about everybody's non interest in what hip hop CAN be not what it presently IS...I'm just on a completely different tip than you is all...we do all have our own opinions about hip hop production but it rubs me the wrong way when people hype up guys who do what they can with what's provided with them(im sure they all use standard sequencers/boards/samplers etc) but some guys are making music that's as improvisational as it is unique and inspiring...these guys are just boring to me

zoo

TRIBE Member
good hiphop producers:

rjd2
madlib
jay-dilla
mf doom
alias
jel
why?
odd nosdam
buck 65
sixtoo
prefuse 73 / scott herron / savath & savalas / delarosa & asora
k-os
roots manuva
joe beats
mr dibbs
el-p
blockhead
aesop rock

my personal best producers:

rjd2
el-p
sixtoo
alias
prefuse75
madlib

HMHA

TRIBE Member
hold up...ya can't forget about these heavyweights..

beatnuts
alchemist
premier
pete rock
prince paul
rza
erick sermon