• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

new discount airline between canada and the uk

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
fuck me your kidding!!! i've got someone i've been dyin to visit over there but the flights have just been too damn much!
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
i know about this! i knew it was gonna be zoom, nestore.:) it looks like the ezjet of the atlantic. (low budget, individual cost for everything, baggage limit, etc.) and they haven't launched yet, flights start in may...but damn this is good news.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

diablo

TRIBE Member
My girlfriend works for Air Canada, and soon I'll be able to fly anywhere Air Canada goes for just the tax on the ticket.

 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Special K

TRIBE Member
well i was looking at prices for leaving around feb/march and the prices i was getting with taxes and all that other shit they add up on was around $525

which isnt that much difference...
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Special K
well i was looking at prices for leaving around feb/march and the prices i was getting with taxes and all that other shit they add up on was around $525

which isnt that much difference...
how'd you get that price?

i'm leaving in february and paying $594, which i thought was good as every other quote i got was from $650-700. although it does depend, i saw one flight for $400, all taxes in but it didn't suit my availability at all and was a last minute deal.

haha, i've spent about $3,400 in flights in the past year, it's ridiculous.
 

Special K

TRIBE Member
i called an agency, i forget which one exactly

it was for a chartered flight to get to GATWICK

thats about all I remember

the dude on the phone said it was around 550 (cant remember EXACT figure, but i know it was less than that) with taxes and all that other shit included...
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
that's a good deal. the ticket i paid for is a charter to gatwick too, 594 all taxes in. if you're planning on going to the uk in feb/march i'd definitely scoop it up at that price.

(i am a little weary though of a transatlantic flight with air transat...anyone flown over an ocean with them before?)
 

tella

TRIBE Member
wow..you can only bring 2 pieces of luggage, 20 kg each with this airline which SUCKS (i'm a woman and a horrible packer).

last year when i was going to london, i was watching british airway's website every single day. they have awesome seat sales all the time and i would so much rather fly into heathrow than fly into gatwick (thatsjustmetho). plus, you can bring more than 20 kg of luggage.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella
last year when i was going to london, i was watching british airway's website every single day. they have awesome seat sales all the time and i would so much rather fly into heathrow than fly into gatwick (thatsjustmetho). plus, you can bring more than 20 kg of luggage.
when i booked my trip, i got an awesome deal with british airways. i wasn't happy with the return connection time (i'll be coming from nice), and the only decent flight was going in to gatwick. so i checked out british midlands' site, and i got a wicked deal on the nice-london heathrow leg. that's another airline to keep in mind. they always have sales!

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/index.aspx
 

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
that's a good deal. the ticket i paid for is a charter to gatwick too, 594 all taxes in. if you're planning on going to the uk in feb/march i'd definitely scoop it up at that price.

(i am a little weary though of a transatlantic flight with air transat...anyone flown over an ocean with them before?)
lol @ Transat

I flew to London UK on them a couple years ago. You get entirely what you pay for :)

I can't complain, really. $550 round trip with taxes june 20-july5 was when we flew.

just don't expect too much out of them...and bring your own food

Paul
 

juice

TRIBE Member
I've flown to England twice on Air Transat and it really wasn't that bad at all. Then again I'm so easy peasy about flying I just go to sleep and wake up when we get there. Flying into Heathrow is much nicer than Gatwick though because you don't have to take that ghetto train into the city.
 

lubbin

TRIBE Member
very disapointed with zoom's prices. i can fly aircanada (montreal/glasgow) for 20 odd dollars cheaper (and it also wouldn't require a lift/bus to ottawa)

this is far from the easyjet or ryanair of north america.

88 pounds of baggage for a 4 months stay is probably a tad too little. i can get 140 pounds with air canada. as much as i hate to fly air canada i'm not left with much choice anymore
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swilly

TRIBE Member
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I am going home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here i come tidy weekender


swilly
 

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lubbin
very disapointed with zoom's prices. i can fly aircanada (montreal/glasgow) for 20 odd dollars cheaper (and it also wouldn't require a lift/bus to ottawa)

this is far from the easyjet or ryanair of north america.

88 pounds of baggage for a 4 months stay is probably a tad too little. i can get 140 pounds with air canada. as much as i hate to fly air canada i'm not left with much choice anymore
there is a ryanair over here?

I think if they had one they would make a fortune
swilly
 

Gunark

TRIBE Member
$500 is alright, but Canada 3000 used to fly to gatwick for $400 or less....

Also, if you don't mind driving down to New York, just a few weeks ago I flew on British Airways from JFK to heathrow for about $400 canadian. Not a bad deal considering BA isn't exactly a budget airline.
 
Top