• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

NEW Daft Punk Album

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I suppose. If we were going for word count you'd likely have me beaten.

Plus, I don't work a boring ass desk job anymore.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Daft Punk to perform @ Grammy's Jan 26th.
Grammy bosses promise "a collaborative and celebratory stage performance that honors [Daft Punk's] multi-nominated music."
So it'll probably suck.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
"Hey Stevie can you join us for the Grammys?"

"I'll see what I can do."

I bet he says that to everyone.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
mix reviewed by Tribe and other former ravers who are butt-hurt that it's not house music anymore.

The general consensus form most music journalists and review groups are that it's a masterpiece.

acheron

TRIBE Member
absolutely chuffed they won so definitively last night. It was really nice to see Stevie Wonder playing with them on stage - there's a lot of his influence in their sound, so it was fitting they would pay tribute in this manner even if they couldn't get him in the studio. Love what Farrell is doing and I never tire of seeing Nile Rodgers perform anywhere, any time.

And yeah, Tribe is not the barometer of right and wrong in the music industry - it's pretty clear the album had universal praise everywhere else.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Finally! A dance music album for those who rarely listen to dance music.

I get what they're doing, it's great in that context, and I liked the album, I just rarely find myself revisiting it and revering it. Still, good for them, those guys deserve all the success they're getting.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Was just so happy to see Taylor Swift's winning streak finally come to an end and not win album of the year. :D I still blame Kanye West for making her bigger than life at that MTV music awards show! LOL

oeretS

TRIBE Member
the performance was pretty awesome too, despite the shaky start.

[YOUTUBE]o00pgGRvXnU[/YOUTUBE]

check the stage view at 3:33, pretty sweet

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Was just so happy to see Taylor Swift's winning streak finally come to an end and not win album of the year. :D LOL

19dsspadncblfgif.gif

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
^that was my favorite moment. Such a shame, someone prolly worked really hard on her speech for her.
Stop trying to dance and STFD. you are giving all white girls a bad name

octo

TRIBE Member
what were they actually doing in that performance?

their set up was mostly a prop. i love daft punk. they're great producers.
but their performance was as real as Pink's singing.

they were just props in a well produced performance.

Go Behind the Scenes at Daft Punk

acheron

TRIBE Member
Here’s what he said about the images: “Here’s the set we built for Daft Punk’s Grammy performance tonight. This mid-century modern style set was designed by Daft Arts. Check out the old school audio equipment integrated into the set. Very cool. The recording booth is patterned after the “Mother” space craft control room from the movie Alien. The robots gold mirror mixing console actually worked and was played live.”

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Even it did work it added nothing to the performance. The only audible contribution was the robot vocals and the maximum they did for that was press play.

That being said I actually thought the performance was cool.